BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Depending on how cooperative Bilstein is in supporting the enthusiast community, of course...

But I digress. It seems to me that a lot of people are experiencing torn or severly worn control arm bushings prematurely. It's been like that since the old E30's my cousin used to own, so I'm going to pre-emptive strike it (just like how Clinton should have pre-emptive strike Bin Laden, right you Slick Willy haters?) and replace it with aftermarket polyurathane bushings. I'm going to start researching on who makes it, if no-one, I might investigate into custom molding a set or something.

I think BMP Design sells them but I am not certain they have it for the E46. This should be fun...Of course, it'd be a lot of work if I'm just going to replace the bushings. But, if Bilstein is going to send me a set of PSS9s anyway...:D

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
If you go into R&D mode . . .

Hey HACK -

If you can't find any and are going to develop your own, do you have a machine shop in mind?

BTW - when are you and Kaz going to have another nuts and bolts session? Doug Whalen is going to send me some Roadster seat rail bushings to try out.

·
Registered
10,697 Posts
They did increase the size of the bushing to 66 mm after March 2001 production I think. I guess we don't know yet if this actually worked-- but i haven't heard of anyone w/ a recently built 3 series complaining about worn bushings.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: If you go into R&D mode . . .

scottn2retro said:
Hey HACK -

If you can't find any and are going to develop your own, do you have a machine shop in mind?

BTW - when are you and Kaz going to have another nuts and bolts session? Doug Whalen is going to send me some Roadster seat rail bushings to try out.
I'm working on cars literally EVERY WEEKEND. If you're interested, drop me an email on Thursday/Friday and I'll let you know what my schedule is like...I may be installing a set of short shift kit and swaybars for Plaz soon.

You are always welcome to stop by and chat when I'm working on my car too.

·
•••••••
16,117 Posts
Re: Re: If you go into R&D mode . . .

The HACK said:
I may be installing a set of short shift kit and swaybars for Plaz soon.
Oh, there's no uncertainty there, unless it's you who bails on me. I'm looking forward very much to getting a HACK job. :lmao: Thanks again.

You are always welcome to stop by and chat when I'm working on my car too.
Hell, you can come by and chat when he's working on my car, too. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts