BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was about to go get some ngk iridium ix plugs and i saw the new bosh iridium i think they call fushion. Now i don't know with one is the best i mean i do drive germen car and the bosh is germen lugs. Some help please.

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
Are we talking about spark plugs??:confused:

Which one to get?? answer.. THE CHEAPER ONE!!

Do you really think one plug is better than the other and you can tell??:confused: Does it matter if your Chervron gas is from Middle East, Texas shores or North sea:dunno:

I think you're gett'n at what I am trying to say.;)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Are we talking about spark plugs??:confused:

Which one to get?? answer.. THE CHEAPER ONE!!

Do you really think one plug is better than the other and you can tell??:confused: Does it matter if your Chervron gas is from Middle East, Texas shores or North sea:dunno:

I think you're gett'n at what I am trying to say.;)
What a crock of sh1t. Plugs can make a huge difference to the perfomance of the car. Also, the quality of the plug can be a factor.

Quite simply put, if you buy a cheap, poorly constructed plug for say $10.00 a plug and get 8000 miles out of it,

or pay $13.00 a plug and get 20000 miles out of it, which is the better deal. It dosnt take a rocket scientist to work out.

Also, poor quality plugs are more prone to break down, thus reducing performance.

People (like yourself) skim on plugs then wonder why there cars run like sh1t.

To the O.P. get the best quality plug you can afford.

This is just my humble opinion tho.

Cone
XXX

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
What a crock of sh1t.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hahaha, that one had me rolling, never seen it in those terms before. You are blunt, that's for sure.

I don't honestly know anything about Bosch or NGK's, to be honest. Most of the people on here say NGK, and they all report positive results, so I'd stick with that. It does make me wonder what all people know about Bosch and if they've ran both them and NGK's to know which is better.

That said, you can't go wrong with NGK, so to be on the safe side, I'd say them.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hahaha, that one had me rolling, never seen it in those terms before. You are blunt, that's for sure.

I don't honestly know anything about Bosch or NGK's, to be honest. Most of the people on here say NGK, and they all report positive results, so I'd stick with that. It does make me wonder what all people know about Bosch and if they've ran both them and NGK's to know which is better.

That said, you can't go wrong with NGK, so to be on the safe side, I'd say them.
LOL.......Aussie gramma.

Im not saying one brand is better than the other...All Im saying is that you dont go for the cheapest possible.

I like Iridiums.....but Im sure Bosh are just as good....

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
LOL.......Aussie gramma.

Im not saying one brand is better than the other...All Im saying is that you dont go for the cheapest possible.

I like Iridiums.....but Im sure Bosh are just as good....
PLUS 3 MILLION!!! The cheapest product is the cheapest product for a reason.

·
Dale Crane is the MAN!
871 Posts
What a crock of sh1t. Plugs can make a huge difference to the perfomance of the car. Also, the quality of the plug can be a factor.

Quite simply put, if you buy a cheap, poorly constructed plug for say $10.00 a plug and get 8000 miles out of it,

or pay $13.00 a plug and get 20000 miles out of it, which is the better deal. It dosnt take a rocket scientist to work out.

Also, poor quality plugs are more prone to break down, thus reducing performance.

People (like yourself) skim on plugs then wonder why there cars run like sh1t.

To the O.P. get the best quality plug you can afford.

This is just my humble opinion tho.

Cone
XXX
I think he meant the cheaper iridium plug.

But the crock of sh1t line had me rolling also :rofl:

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I think he meant the cheaper iridium plug.

But the crock of sh1t line had me rolling also :rofl:
Here in Aust there are no 'cheaper' iridium plug. There either standard....or iridium.

Cone
XXX

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
To clarify for VTi, he means there are 2 iridium plugs: one by Bosch, one by NGK. One of them is most likely cheaper ;)

·
Still here
12,188 Posts
No offence, but we have had this discussion a million times so i was mearly answering it

I am sorry if you felt I was being blunt but i had nothing else to say on the matter

NGK are superior...end of

·
Registered
135 Posts
No offence, but we have had this discussion a million times so i was mearly answering it

I am sorry if you felt I was being blunt but i had nothing else to say on the matter

NGK are superior...end of
I tend to agree with pirate on this one, had both makes and the NGK are completely, most definately, without question or shadow of a doubt the best.

Plus +100000 for the cone

·
Black Mage
2,337 Posts
Changing plugs every 20k miles? Should be more like 80k+. Replacing them that soon is like changing your oil every 500 miles. A bit overkill, but in the long (and I mean LONG) run, it's a bit healthier.

I've never had personal experience with Bosch plugs, but I've been hearing a few quirks about them here and there. NGK has a fantastic reputation. I personally carry the NGK's on my E46, and they're fantastic, so that's what I'm going to have to recommend.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Looks like the prices are similar. 10 bucks each at autozone, but a quick search of the net finds them as low 7-8 bucks a plug or less(there seems to be a rebate of 2 bucks a plug for the Bosch Fusions right now). In a classic Bosch move that plug is also a "4 pronger" but I don't think they have been out long enough for anyone to see if that adds to the life of the plug. We might need someone to test them for us, but I have a feeling that the performance would be similar so it may come back to the argument of price. Heck, If I can get a set for 25 or 30 bucks I may even test them out. I want to get a look at the NGK iridiums once I have had them in the car for 5-10K because of how hard I run it(SCCA). I have about 2k on them now.

Back when I was first deciding what plug to put in the car after just buying it, I asked a friend who is big into F1 what plug he liked. He asked, "What do the BMW f1 teams use?" Good point! The top tier of racing, with the best engineers in the world, have probably done their homework. BMW Sauber proudly shows the NGK logo on their web page. Interestingly enough the Williams team doesn't show what plug they use and I don't think it is NGK...It would be interesting to find out what they use...

As an aside, it's not just the BMWs that use custom NGK plugs, the top 7 drivers in the standings after Turkey are running NGKs....that's a big endorsement.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts