Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's what I saw parked in my office's parking garage today...



Nice parking job... :tsk:



Nice... :tsk:



At least the driver's side seems to be safe... :yikes:

 

·
Parking Spot Maven
Joined
·
2,831 Posts
A friend of mine used to carry printed 'parking tickets' in his car that he made up for when he found someone parked like an idiot. He would put it under their wiper in an envelope. It consisted of parking instructions and was pretty damn funny.

I'll post it if I can find it. :D

--SONET
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
You won't see my car in a parking spot like that. I normally take up two spots now with my car I have now :O) Heck, security at work doesn't mind I take up two spots because the parking lot is soo big and I get a far away spot anyways (don't get to work till 8am ;) This guy is definitely brave. I'm sure he'll push the issue, like everyone I work with...."Why buy it if you can't walk away from it without being worried about it"
 
Joined
·
20,210 Posts
Rufus330Ci said:
You won't see my car in a parking spot like that. I normally take up two spots now with my car I have now :O) Heck, security at work doesn't mind I take up two spots because the parking lot is soo big and I get a far away spot anyways (don't get to work till 8am ;) This guy is definitely brave. I'm sure he'll push the issue, like everyone I work with...."Why buy it if you can't walk away from it without being worried about it"
That's the best way I know to get your car keyed. The ferrari has less chance of being damaged than your car when you take up 2 spaces.
 

·
Traffic Surgeon
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
atyclb said:


That's the best way I know to get your car keyed. The ferrari has less chance of being damaged than your car when you take up 2 spaces.
Agreed. Why draw attention to yourself even if you are far away? I always look for an end spot and put the passenger side as close to the wall, curb, etc. as possible. So far, so good...
 

·
King of Rear Clunks
Joined
·
12,903 Posts
Chris330ci said:


Agreed. Why draw attention to yourself even if you are far away? I always look for an end spot and put the passenger side as close to the wall, curb, etc. as possible. So far, so good...
Exactly. Anyone wanna dig out the old threads back on the Org about 'rules of parking'?

There was a column in one of the car mags a few years ago that went something like this:

Cross-parking a:

new Porsche 911: Asking for it
Restored Packard TwinSix: If you're on your way to Pebble Beach
Rusty Ford Pinto: You have some balls

:lmao:
 

·
into things retro
Joined
·
4,541 Posts
You wouldn't see me there

I'd be in some deserted part of the parking lot walking a quarter mile to the building :tsk:

Man, he got that nose close to that tire stop. I would think a Ferrari would be low enough to scrape it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
atyclb said:
I don't know, it looks like he's got enough room to me....:dunno:
There can never be enough room in a parking garage for a Ferrari... :rolleyes:

Call me anal, but I wouldn't park my 325i in that spot... That's an Accord Coupe = big door... People usually don't give a damn there's a 200+K car parked next to them...

What do you think of pic #2? :yikes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
atyclb said:


That's the best way I know to get your car keyed. The ferrari has less chance of being damaged than your car when you take up 2 spaces.
Some guy parks his fawking Mustang like that in that parking garage (on the third floor - the SOB doesn't even look for "less populated" areas = selfish a$$hole)... I reported him to security...
 

·
Ex-Dictator
Joined
·
26,111 Posts
ALEX325i said:
What do you think of pic #2? :yikes:
took a few years from my life :yikes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chris330ci said:


Agreed. Why draw attention to yourself even if you are far away? I always look for an end spot and put the passenger side as close to the wall, curb, etc. as possible. So far, so good...
That's what I do too. I like corner spots :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kaz said:


Exactly. Anyone wanna dig out the old threads back on the Org about 'rules of parking'?

There was a column in one of the car mags a few years ago that went something like this:

Cross-parking a:

new Porsche 911: Asking for it
Restored Packard TwinSix: If you're on your way to Pebble Beach
Rusty Ford Pinto: You have some balls

:lmao:
:lmao: too! :lmao:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: You wouldn't see me there

scottn2retro said:
I'd be in some deserted part of the parking lot walking a quarter mile to the building :tsk:

Man, he got that nose close to that tire stop. I would think a Ferrari would be low enough to scrape it.
Close enough? Try ON it... Yup, he DID scrape it... :tsk:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
848 Posts
SONET said:
A friend of mine used to carry printed 'parking tickets' in his car that he made up for when he found someone parked like an idiot. He would put it under their wiper in an envelope. It consisted of parking instructions and was pretty damn funny.

I'll post it if I can find it. :D

--SONET
You mean like this one:


 

·
Parking Spot Maven
Joined
·
2,831 Posts
A car like that should only be parked in 'end spots', favoring the 'carless' side IMHO. Aluminum doesn't put up much of a fight when it comes to door dings.

--SONET
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top