BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far the worst traffic was in and out of Saint-Tropez. I undesrstood that NAVY is a pricy option, but it helped me so many times, when we got lost a "few" times.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We stay over in Nimes with has happen to be a very nice city with mix of Roman influence. It's like you in Rome and Paris at the same time.

Attachments

·
Freude am Fahren
19,692 Posts
Great Fotos!

Looks like the weather is fantastic also!

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More photos.
So far the weather was good. We only have one evening trip to downtown Munich delay by 2 hr do to severe T-Storm with lightening.

Attachments

·
Powder Days
1,995 Posts
nivki89 said:
So far the worst traffic was in and out of Saint-Tropez. I undesrstood that NAVY is a pricy option, but it helped me so many times, when we got lost a "few" times.
Its even more fun when a tour bus is coming the other way on one of the hill side streets.

Cheers

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts
nivki, you've been sending back some great pics from ED adventure. Highly appreciated! Best wishes for the remainder of your trip! :thumbup:

·
Happily Driving
2018 X5
7,109 Posts
mdsbuc said:
nivki, you've been sending back some great pics from ED adventure. Highly appreciated! Best wishes for the remainder of your trip! :thumbup:
+1

·
friend of the marque
4,943 Posts
Thanks for posting the great pics!
I'm living vicariously through you on this dismal weather weekend.

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you, guys!
It's a my pay back for reading yours post in the last 10 month.:thumbup:

·
Wannabe Bayer
92 Posts
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Can't wait till the kids are older so the wife and I can take an ED trip to southern France. Looks great! Enjoy the rest of your trip.

·
Registered
324 Posts
beautiful photos!!

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A few observation!
1. Tomorrow we will drop off our car in Madrid - so far, best parking - Hollyday Inn North, Munich.
2. Trunk in 330 is huge. 4 suitcases and 2 backpack, beach umbrella and and still had space.
3. A/C is so cool, the kids on the back seat turn off rear A/C. Never happen with them before in any of our other cars.
4. I love navy, but ..... Coming from Acura Navy - why when I click accept by default I don't have my present location windows?:dunno:
5. Too late for this trip - can't figure how to add to the map banks, parking etc. Read manual and get to the information of destination - but in my MDX I just say - 'Display gas station', or 'Display banks'.
6. Why if I have programmed on of my sterring wheel button to change next audio source - AUX input didn't show up?:dunno:

·
Registered
208 Posts
I Agree

nivki89 said:
I agree, Driving in/around Nice made the Nav worth every penny. That place is crazy. I wasn't sure if my 5 was going to be able squeeze thru some to the tight turns but we made it. Staying calm was the key, and the Nav definitately helped maintain order. Great pics, wish I was still there...........

·
Not Wearing Pants
13,832 Posts
If you haven't left yet, visit Cassis - it's near Nice and St. Tropez. I was there in April...gorgeous. Easily the prettiest area I visited in France.

·
Not Wearing Pants
13,832 Posts
Eurobmw06 said:
I agree, Driving in/around Nice made the Nav worth every penny. That place is crazy. I wasn't sure if my 5 was going to be able squeeze thru some to the tight turns but we made it. Staying calm was the key, and the Nav definitately helped maintain order. Great pics, wish I was still there...........
I loved my Nav and the ability to find parking garages quickly in all french cities.

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
blueguydotcom said:
I loved my Nav and the ability to find parking garages quickly in all french cities.
How did you manage to do this? To late for me - drop off tomorrow.

·
Vendor
1,822 Posts
Nivki Congrats on the new car, and love your pictures...I too miss the ED exp....with i was back there.....maybe its time to go put in an order on the 335i....

In any case Good Luck with everything.....:thumbup:

(ne magu dajdaza kagda opiat paedim v evropu...u maei jini rotztviniki jivut v Riga, Latvia i mi planiruim s ezdit tuda letam kagda nash vtori ED budit.....)

·
weissbiermeister
1,256 Posts
Nivki, I hope your trip continues to go well! Thanks for the writeups.

After reading all of your threads though, I have to ask...Is English a second language for you? Are those long travelling days/european beers/european keyboards/ getting to ya?

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
emdreiSMG said:
Nivki, I hope your trip continues to go well! Thanks for the writeups.

After reading all of your threads though, I have to ask...Is English a second language for you? Are those long travelling days/european beers/european keyboards/ getting to ya?
Yes, that way I try to use Nivki_jr for a good write up - lazy bum!:rofl:
Sorry!!!:(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts