Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,742 Posts
It will be neat when they figure out how to fix the windshield glass to display night vision. You can fit the car with tons of infra red lights shooting out everywhere, and nobody will see them (theyre invisible to the naked eye). The area around the car will be pitch black, but with the night vision on, you can see everything, clear as day. It will dramatically reduce night time accidents. It will literally be like driving in the daytime. I have night vision on my digical video camera and I can walk around in a pitch black room and nobody can see me ... and I can see everything. Its a great technology. Putting it into the nav screen is kind of a bummer, but maybe in 5 to 10 yrs ...

-N-

·
swinging a big stick
3,940 Posts
Malibubimmer said:
The new Mercedes S class, too. For the rest of us it's "eat carrots."
Pedestrians will be eating carrots through a straw after being run over by Bimmer drivers looking at IR displays rather than out their windshields. :tsk:

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
LA525iT said:
Pedestrians will be eating carrots through a straw after being run over by Bimmer drivers looking at IR displays rather than out their windshields. :tsk:
Out their dark-tinted windshields? Can't see out of 'em so why bother to look?

·
Registered
185 Posts
This option is not being offered in the US, and there are no plans to offer it yet...unfortnately. I don't know why they think US customers want that active cruise control, but no night vision or auto high beam dimmer. :)

·
Banned
8,650 Posts
Shouldn't the night vision be displayed on the windshield in lieu of HUD?

I can't imagine it being useful being displayed on the iDrive screen. :dunno:

·
Banned
8,650 Posts
I tried to upload the lexus night vision pic a couple times, it bitched me out for the wrong file size.

You can check it out on lexus.com for the LX model.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts