BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
I don't think Nitto makes motorcycle tires.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
I always thought Nitto is what you put on R*ced out Honda's or factory Neons, like Futuras from Pepboys.

For good all around street tire, you might want to try something like a ContinentalSportsContact or a Sumitomo HTZ-IIs. They're marginally more expensive but will probably give you a lot more grip for your money.

By the way, it's spelled "bimmer", not "beamer"...Beemers are motorcycles. Just making sure you know the proper nomenclature around here.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the correction SACK, oops.........

I meant HACK! Dam, you are smart, WOW! You know the different between Beemer and Bimmer - good job, kid.

FYI:
Nittos have just as good rating as Contenential.

What proof do you have that Nitto are trash? Have you ever own a set of Nitto? That is exactly what I thought.

Seems like you are just blowing a bunch of $H$* to boost your number of post.

Someone put something in this fool's mouth because my zipper is stuck!

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
Re: Thanks for the correction SACK, oops.........

BeamerDaddy2001 said:
I meant HACK! Dam, you are smart, WOW! You know the different between Beemer and Bimmer - good job, kid.

FYI:
Nittos have just as good rating as Contenential.

What proof do you have that Nitto are trash? Have you ever own a set of Nitto? That is exactly what I thought.

Seems like you are just blowing a bunch of $H$* to boost your number of post.

Someone put something in this fool's mouth because my zipper is stuck!
And how much do I owe thee to cross the bridge this fine morn.

·
Coyote Racing Team
628 Posts
Red....NO - BLUE!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............

·
Coyote Racing Team
628 Posts
What is the airspeed velocity of a fully laden swallow?
African or European?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Uh-oh you hit the HACK button! :rolleyes:

Choices in the 19" range are pretty slim. New pirelli nero is out, but I haven't heard any first hand experiences. Based on reviews of the rosso and p7000 I wouldn't buy them. I'd stick to the Toyo T1-S if you can afford it. Lot of people have run the Nt555 without complaint, but they've never given me much analysis leading me to believe they just wanted the cheapest tire for show they could put on.

I went with the new Contisport Contact 2 and absolutely love them. Best tire I've ever bought. But lets see if I'm still saying that in another 10k miles. :dunno:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Nito 555 extremes suck. I have them on my car now. 1st gear is useless on anything more than part throttle. I've heard that the Kumho's 712's even grip better than the Nittos.

OTOH, their drag radials are excellent I hear

·
Registered
320 Posts
chukiechz said:
Nito 555 extremes suck. I have them on my car now. 1st gear is useless on anything more than part throttle. I've heard that the Kumho's 712's even grip better than the Nittos.

OTOH, their drag radials are excellent I hear
I agree, I have the Nitto 555s on my car because that is the tire combo they sell with my ACS type 2s..
they are OK tires both in dry and wet road conditions.
However, they are not bad for 225/40-18 tires under $150

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
xs3x,

If you want to push your car, then you should have gotten an M3 not a 330. How do you expect to push a 225HP car. What do you want to push it to? Are you trying to race everyone at the red-lights using a 330? That is just sick! Pick on someone your own size - like a c-vett.

Also, I sure as hell hope you don't peel-out on the wet road and try to race people because you will end up in the ditch.

It should grip just as good as most of the other tires. The traction is rated as the same.

Also, do you ride on the HWY with your windows down that makes the road-noise such a big deal? Hell, most of the time my music is loud and I am jamming - not listening to my dam tires.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Re: xs3x,

BeamerDaddy2001 said:
If you want to push your car, then you should have gotten an M3 not a 330. How do you expect to push a 225HP car. What do you want to push it to? Are you trying to race everyone at the red-lights using a 330? That is just sick! Pick on someone your own size - like a c-vett.

Also, I sure as hell hope you don't peel-out on the wet road and try to race people because you will end up in the ditch.

It should grip just as good as most of the other tires. The traction is rated as the same.

Also, do you ride on the HWY with your windows down that makes the road-noise such a big deal? Hell, most of the time my music is loud and I am jamming - not listening to my dam tires.
umm..do you have any idea what i'm talking about?:tsk: :rolleyes:
i guess my help was useless for a person like you..:banghead: :flipoff:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts