BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There is a meet at Ross Dock this coming Sunday the 16th. It is located near the GWB in Jersey. Here is the original link: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=377795

Ross Dock directions:

From Routes 4, 46, I-80, I-95: Take the exit for Fort Lee / Palisades Interstate Parkway. Continue straight on Bridge Plaza South past several traffic lights. At the last light ("T" intersection), turn right onto Bigler St. At the stop sign, turn left (east) onto Main St., then keep in the right lane to bear right (south) at River Road. The southern park entrance will be on the left. Follow Henry Hudson Drive about one mile to the Ross Dock circle and follow signs.
bullet

From the Palisades Interstate Parkway (southbound): Take the last exit before the George Washington Bridge (Hudson Terrace). Turn left onto Hudson Terrace. Go south and at the second traffic light keep in the left lane to bear right onto Bigler St. At the stop sign, turn left (east) on Main St., then keep in the right lane to bear right (south) at River Road. The southern park entrance (Henry Hudson Drive) will be on the left. Follow Henry Hudson Drive about one mile to the Ross Dock circle and follow signs.
bullet

From U.S. Route 9W: At Main St., Fort Lee, turn east (right if headed north, left if headed south). Proceed downhill and bear right (south) at River Rd. The southern park entrance (Henry Hudson Drive) will be on the left. Follow Henry Hudson Drive about one mile to the Ross Dock circle and follow signs.
bullet

From Edgewater & South: Take River Rd. north. Near the top of the hill, at the Fort Lee border, is the southern park entrance (Henry Hudson Drive) on the right. Follow Henry Hudson Drive about one mile to the Ross Dock circle and follow signs.
bullet

From New York City: Take the upper level of the George Washington Bridge to the first Fort Lee exit. Bear right and proceed down the ramp to the traffic light. Proceed south (right turn) to the second traffic light, then keep in the left lane to bear right onto Bigler St. At the stop sign, turn left (east) on Main St., then keep in the right lane to bear right (south) at River Road. The southern park entrance (Henry Hudson Drive) will be on the left. Follow Henry Hudson Drive about one mile to the Ross Dock circle and follow signs

Anyone else interested in going????
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=563558

just passing the word along. i'll try to make it if my busted ankle isn't giving me the ****.

oh, it's right by me so i'm definately going. it's a nice park. bring your camera because it's got some great places to take pictures with NYC as the backdrop.. uninterrupted.

·
Registered Luser
28 Posts
Chivas... I live right by there too. I've never had the opportunity to make it to one of these meets and it seems like you're pretty knowledgeable about the bimmer world as I see you post on almost every thread:thumbup: ! So I was wondering... what actually goes on at these meets anyways? Please forgive my hobbit like attitude.

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
danman said:
Chivas... I live right by there too. I've never had the opportunity to make it to one of these meets and it seems like you're pretty knowledgeable about the bimmer world as I see you post on almost every thread:thumbup: ! So I was wondering... what actually goes on at these meets anyways? Please forgive my hobbit like attitude.
lol... hobbit like.. nah....

last time i went to this meet in Fort Lee, we BBQ'ed and just hung out however last year's meet was more of a German car meet where we had Porsche and Audi's there. MB's for some reason doesn't participate in this.

it's more of a meet and greet stuff while just kickin' back and relaxin'. the last meet at Edgewater was dead because everyone thought it was rained out. this meet has always been happenin' and have quite a few people. Saw a Turbo MCoupe Convertiable. Can we say INSANE?!?!?!??

where in fort ree do you live? i'm down the street from the police station.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I think im down for this!! So im guessing its the 2nd park along the river?

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
razzy530 said:
I think im down for this!! So im guessing its the 2nd park along the river?
yeah... it's the second parking lot up the river. it was nice seeing some 5'ers at the Edgewater meet... sorry i was so banged up. would like to see everyone again.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
chivas said:
yeah... it's the second parking lot up the river. it was nice seeing some 5'ers at the Edgewater meet... sorry i was so banged up. would like to see everyone again.
You'll see me there, Dan. Just dont get banged up again, ok? and PLEASE, bring your bimmer for crying out loud..... haha or did you already sell it? i dont see it on your signature.

·
Registered
347 Posts
im there

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'll bring the bimmer.. got nothign else right now to drive.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm definately in. Trying to rouse up a few other fellas from Brooklyn to come with as well.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
jblanco said:
Sure...at what time are you guys are planning to be there....??
a little before 12pm

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
anyone else making it ?

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm leaving in 10 minutes... hope to see you guys/girls there!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Heading out right now, see ya'll in about an hour!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ok, i'm here & disappointed. I see an ish load of Acura's and a handful of Bimmers, mainly E49's. I originally went to Ross Dock and nobody was there. then I went to the 2nd park and found the Bimmers & Accks. I'm disappointed because I don't see a E39 in sight. I don't know if I came too early or too late. Maybe some did show up, saw the dismal gatherings & left. I'm going to leave around 4:30 if I don't see things pick up.

I should have traded numbers with the few peeps that was going from the site so atleast we could have linked up.

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ArCaDe said:
Ok, i'm here & disappointed. I see an ish load of Acura's and a handful of Bimmers, mainly E49's. I originally went to Ross Dock and nobody was there. then I went to the 2nd park and found the Bimmers & Accks. I'm disappointed because I don't see a E39 in sight. I don't know if I came too early or too late. Maybe some did show up, saw the dismal gatherings & left. I'm going to leave around 4:30 if I don't see things pick up.

I should have traded numbers with the few peeps that was going from the site so atleast we could have linked up.
there was about 5 E39's... gminervini left as soon as i got there.. bastard!! lol.. jk
had to bounce around 2:15ish... i guess everyone left after that.

dude, it was stupid hot out.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ok, so atleast some people made it. Guess I was late. Girlfriend was taking her sweet time to get ready. I thought it was a real no show since I didn't even see alot of E46's.

Too bad I got there late. Wanted to meet a few of you guys. We need to have our own E39 meet.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Damn I tried to stay later LOL, it was moms bday. Had to go to the BBQ. Gotta show love for moms

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey...guys how did it go I went Ross Dock and I was there for about 25min and the left....dam I miss but it was not waste time for myself....I did like the park it self...planning to go back again with the family in the near future....glad you guys got together...any pictures will be cool....see you next time.....
J.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts