BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have a problem with the front air vents.

I have cold air coming through the rear vents but no air what so ever through the front ones.

Anyone else experienced this problem???

Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Not yet. But I do feel the A/C is pretty weak. I just use AUTO and it works well. Sure it's louder but it gets cold a lot quicker. Had a 2009 MB C300 and it was nice and cold without having to do that.

·
Bimmefest Plasti-Dip Guru
851 Posts
Not sure but it might be your cabin air filter needs to be changed or your AC needs to be flushed.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
If you are getting the cold air out of the rear vents, then AC is working but not being redirected through your vents. Either that, or the blower motor (usually goes out closer to 200K miles). Can you hear your vents adjusting when you turn AC on and off? I can hear a "pop" when they close off outside air in mine. More than likely your vents are not adjusting in the dash and this is typically a relay, fuse, or regulator (happened in my Nissan SEr which was just behind the glove box) of some sort. On my old MB, it was a vacuum pod issue where the rubber diaphrams had cracked and the vacuum pressure would not move the vents. Newer cars use servos now so it hopefully is simple.

·
Loving my d
559 Posts
Hi All

I have a problem with the front air vents.

I have cold air coming through the rear vents but no air what so ever through the front ones.

Anyone else experienced this problem???

Thanks
Which front vents aren't working, all of them including the defrost and floor? Do you hear the blower when you turn up the fan speed? If no blower fan noise it seems like a fuse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts