BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 645ci w/ iDrive. My radio is displayed on the navigation screen but I do not get audio from it. Neither do I get the chime when the door is opened.

I thought it may be the radio amplifier, but Im not quite sure. Any suggestions before I take it to the dealer and potentially pay for a problem that was an easy fix?

·
Registered
681 Posts
check for a blown fuse but sounds like your logic 7 amp died ,it is located in the rear well in the trunk if your drain holes are plugged and it rained hard or washed the car water will spill over the amp.i know this cause it happened to me last year

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
check for a blown fuse but sounds like your logic 7 amp died ,it is located in the rear well in the trunk if your drain holes are plugged and it rained hard or washed the car water will spill over the amp.i know this cause it happened to me last year
Ok I will check it out. Is the amp hidden in the trunk on the driver side?

Did you have to replace the amp or just unclog it? If so how much?

Thanks man.

·
Registered
681 Posts
the amp is located in the trunk left side you have to remove the liner and you will see it there.
i got one on ebay for $400.00

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I live in rainy ass Tampa, FL. Its definitely that. When you installed the replacement did you include anything to prevent it from happening in the future, or just count your losses?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts