BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I flashed my NBT yesterday successfully with 54.1 but now have no CAFD file in SVT when read.

Would I need to inject it ?. If so how ?.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
43,071 Posts
I flashed my NBT yesterday successfully with 54.1 but now have no CAFD file in SVT when read.

Would I need to inject it ?. If so how ?.

Thanks in advance.
If you flashed it with TAL check mark for cdDeploy, it should have CAFD and would have been VO Coded after receiving new firmware,

Try injecting CAFD manually now:

Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Left-Click on HU_NBT => Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD from latest I-Level displayed => Select OK => Right-Click on HU_NBT (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Shawn for quick response.

Yeah flashed with cdDeploy ticked. Unticked VCM check and MSM.

There was an error after full flash, think it said a negative response to something but it has completed.

I will try injecting manually as you say, will I be ok using same PsdZdata version ?.

Cheers buddy.

·
Premium Member
43,071 Posts
Yes, same PSdZData is fine.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great stuff, when Mrs returns with it I'll give it a bash.

Thanks very much, your a star.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Update MSM & VCM should be turned on while flashing, otherwise SVT actual will not be updated and there can be problems with diagnostics. Ie some modules can't be identified by Rheingold.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I read that these ticked during flash would cause errors. Mine is a retrofit NBT with donor VIN.

Funnily enough I did get a restraint system error after coding ICM straight after. I had to reload an earlier SVT and recode ECU's with that.

I'm at work now, can't try the solution from Shawn. Will try later or tomorrow.

So do you think the missing CAFD, could be with these being unselected ?.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I read that these ticked during flash would cause errors. Mine is a retrofit NBT with donor VIN.

Funnily enough I did get a restraint system error after coding ICM straight after. I had to reload an earlier SVT and recode ECU's with that.

I'm at work now, can't try the solution from Shawn. Will try later or tomorrow.

So do you think the missing CAFD, could be with these being unselected ?.
No they don't produce any errors that matter.

But because you have retrofitted NBT, you must turn updates off, as you are using FA with donor vin to do the flash. Update VCM will fix the SVT actual, but it also stores active FA to the VCM and you don't want a FA with donor VIN in your VCM. In this case, after flash you must turn updates on, load your original FA and then vo-code one module that can be coded with original FA. This will fix the SVT, and store the FA to VCM that actually already was there.

Svt gets messed up during the flash, and you didn't fix it. This might be the reason why your ICM coding failed, hard to say for sure though.

I don't know why your NBT lost it's CAFD, but anyways you can inject a new one and vo-code the unit.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info buddy.

So from what your saying I may have messed up all ECU's then in SVT.
Would it be worth me injecting all CAFD's back then just in case they are messed up ?.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
No, you have not messed your ecus, only svt actual. If you try to vo-code for example ICM with donor fa/vin, you will end up getting coding error and cafd will vanish. Same goes for nbt, if you don't have emulator installed.

There is this thing, CPS aka coding proof stamp, on f-series. When you code a module, VIN in FA will be stored in module as new module VIN. Then, if this VIN matches with VIN found in bus system, everything is ok. If VIN numbers don't match, coding errors out and the cafd gets deleted.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ah right. So the SVT Actual might be corrupted then ?. How do I restore that then ?.

I've noticed the CPS button in Esys.

NBT has emulator, lost donor vin as well after flash, had to restore donor VIN for FSC's.

So what's my best solution to get this straight then buddy ?.

Really appreciate the time you guys give to this forum, really good to tap into your expertise.

Cheers.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I tried to inject CAFD for NBT but got following error : -

Caf's suchen
Tal wird generiert
Abarbeitung wird gestartet

TAL execution started.
VCM Update: VCM-Update is deactivated. VCM will not be updated. [C197]
ExecutionID=2015/02/22-07:42:55.481
[] prepareTALExecution started
[] prepareTALExecution finished
[] prepareVehicleForCoding started
[] prepareVehicleForCoding finished
[HU_NBT - 63] prepareECUforCoding started
[HU_NBT - 63] prepareECUforCoding finished
[HU_NBT - 63] authenticateECUforCoding started
[HU_NBT - 63] authenticateECUforCoding finished
[HU_NBT - 63 - cafd_00000ded-003_013_024] Transaction type: cdDeploy; Message: TA started
MCDDiagService<id=62649, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.uds.MCD3_PerformECUCoding, service=WDBI_PLAIN - WriteDataByIdentifier with unlimited Data-ID (plain hex value), description=error: negative response : requestOutOfRange, link=HU_NBT_63_ETHERNET>
[HU_NBT - 63 - cafd_00000ded-003_013_024] Transaction type: cdDeploy; Message: TA finished
[HU_NBT - 63] There was an error during TAL execution, please check the log files.
[HU_NBT - 63] - [Exception - HU_NBT - 63] job failed with negative response error:
code: service returned global negative response
description: Service WDBI_PLAIN returned a negative response with response code requestOutOfRange; ECU: HU_NBT_63_ETHERNET
severity: ERROR

[HU_NBT - 63] finalizeECUCoding started
[HU_NBT - 63] finalizeECUCoding finished
[] There was an error, please check the log files.
[] - [Exception - HU_NBT - 63] job failed with negative response error:
description: Service WDBI_PLAIN returned a negative response with response code requestOutOfRange; ECU: HU_NBT_63_ETHERNET

[] finalizeVehicleCoding started
[] finalizeVehicleCoding finished
[] finalizeTALExecution started
[] finalizeTALExecution finished
TAL execution finished
TAL-Execution finished with status: "FinishedWithError". [C207]
TAL execution finished. Duration: "18s". [C206]
Abarbeitung beendet

Followed up by this : -

Transaktions-Report: Aktion: Codieren

HU_NBT [63]
cdDeploy FinishedWithError
cafd_00000ded-003_013_024 FinishedWithError

:mad:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This was the error after flashing NBT which succeeded.

TAL execution started.
VCM Update: VCM-Update is deactivated. VCM will not be updated. [C197]
ExecutionID=2015/02/19-15:49:53.428
[HU_NBT - 63] - [Exception - HU_NBT - 63] job failed with negative response error:

[] - [Exception - HU_NBT - 63] job failed with negative response error:

TAL-Execution finished with status: "FinishedWithError". [C207]
TAL execution finished. Duration: "29min 36s". [C206]

·
Registered
159 Posts
What version of isteps is your FEM and Gateway module? If your FEM and gateway software is older than istep version that supported NBT. Then you will get this error. Make sure you first flash both FEM and Gateway. And then try flashing NBT. Make sure you flash fem with your original FA.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Vithy, FEM is 13-11-502 not sure what you mean by gateway though?. It's been resolved now, I used an older saved SVT and FA and used them to get the SVT Actual straight.

Once that was done I injected the CAFD's as per Shawn's advice. This did the trick, so flash for NBT was ok, just the aftermath.

All sorted now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
New coder joining the crowd

Hi everyone. I just wanted to ring in and introduce myself. I own a 2012 528i (F10). I'm a newbie to BMW coding but not for hacking devices running on Linux. I have spent the last 3 or so weeks reading documentation and forums just to familiarize myself with the terminology and to get a basic understanding of what I'm supposed to do so I don't just jump in and brick my car. I already got my cable and E-Sys software. I've even successfully made a couple of simple changes. What disappoints me most is that all of the cool stuff I want/need to do are in HU_NBT. But that module doesn't even show in the list. Is this something I can add in somehow? Or is it located somewhere I haven't poked around in yet? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Also any hints, tips & tricks for a newb would be most welcome as well.

Jim

1 - 20 of 21 Posts