BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No clock or memo etc on the on-board comp

I have a 1995 325ic. The lights on my on-board computer fade as they go from left to right. I can just make out the end of the info on the computer. But I cannot see anything in the clock/memo window.
Is this just a bulb out or is there something mores serious?
Is it an easy repair... I hope. :tsk:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well I was able to get the obc out and i found that there were 4 lights mounted in the top of the unit. the one over the clock was DEFINATELY burned out. The other 3 were questionable.
Anyone know of a place where I can get replacement bulbs for a 95 325ic?

·
Do the interns get Glocks
9,324 Posts
first-bimmer said:
Anyone know of a place where I can get replacement bulbs for a 95 325ic?
:google:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I thouthe I found the problem, but now that I have put the OBC back in I get nothing.
I checked the fuses, no luck.
help :dunno: :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
182 Posts
You mean you put it back in with out new bulbs, or got new bulbs and it doesn't light up, or the whole unit is dead (no function what so ever)?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I left the old bulbs in...at least 2 were still functioning. I am still trying to find new bulbs.
After I plugged it in, the whole thing was dead.
Does anyone know if the OBC has the same type of security as the radio?
if so...do I have to go to the dealer to get the code? :dunno:

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't think the OBC has a security code. On my 328i I got all the original papers, and the code/sticker pacage for the radio - but nothing about OBC so your OBC might have a short, or the wires have a short. Did u try to wiggle the plugs or tap the unit? I never worked on mine, but I do tear cars apart and fix them - sometimes some wiggling, etc is all it needs. I will check my shop manual to see if there is a fuse that runs it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I found fuse chart for 1995. For OBC Fuse position #11 is listed (7.5A) and it also says see fuses 12 (7.5A), 23 (5A), 27 (5A), 31 (5A), 33 (10A), 37 (10A), 45 (7.5A) and fuse #46 (15A). There should be a fuse chart in owner's manual (I think). The chart I am using is from BMW shop manual made by Bently Publications.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
found the problem

[I checked the voltage at all of the lights and everything looks fine. I checked the lights and they are all open now. Not a problem. I called the dealear and he has plenty in stock.
Gonna pick them up tuesdat and all should be good.
thanks for the info. :thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts