BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi so heres the background. Replaced valve cover gasket. Alternator. And oil filter housing gasket. Ran perfect and no leaks. Washed the engine to get rid of all the old oil from previous leaks. Tried to be careful of electronics. Ran fine for 2 days. Last trip home had a couple hard shifts. Then next day went to backout of driveway and nothing. Then gear light appeared on dash. It goes into reverse then u can feel it release out. Then says its in neautral. Scanned it and this shows up.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
We need more info such as model, year, engine, transmission and miles. The picture doesn’t show up. Where are you located? If you’re in the US try www.bimrs.org to find a reputable indie shop that specializes in bimmers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry! Been awhile since ive been on a forum! 2008 bmw 335xi. 260000km. Tranny was trouble free till i washed under the hood. Im assuming i got something wet or possibly when doing valve cover gasket or alternator i forced a bad wire or connector issue? Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks for your responses!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts