BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished doing a timing job on a 540i. Now it wont crank. There is no click or any response from the starter at all (but I can jump the starter and it will crank).

Also, when I try to connect to the obdII port it fails to connect. Are there any fuses that I should be looking at? I did have some issues with the oil leave censor could this have shorted something out? If so, what?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The problem just became stranger. I notice it will crank some times and when it does I am able to connect to the ecu. The times it wont crank (which is the majority of the time) I cannot successfully connect to the ecu.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I cant remember if it was intake to firewall or fender to something on the front like timming cover but one ground wire , and not the only one , my car wouldn't cranks then did but wouldn't fire , when i found a wire with no home it fired right up and i just remember thinking wow that was messed up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.