BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Nothing specific
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the latest Roundel, and there's a tech letter in it stating that the E90 differential has no drain plug.

That's just stupid. Can anyone look under their car and confirm it?

I guess BMW is really taking that lifetime fill crap seriously. But what happens if you have to replace a seal or something?

·
Registered
979 Posts
I think that is nonsense. How would you fill it with oil in the first place. It seems to be the same bs that you hear about transmissions being sealed, when in fact they are not.

·
Nothing specific
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WAM said:
I think that is nonsense. How would you fill it with oil in the first place. It seems to be the same bs that you hear about transmissions being sealed, when in fact they are not.
The letter said it has a fill plug, just no drain plug.

·
Registered
186 Posts
No big deal if it doesnt have a drain plug. When I change the oil on my boat, I have to pump the oil out-- you could do the same thing.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
rrandyy said:
No big deal if it doesnt have a drain plug. When I change the oil on my boat, I have to pump the oil out-- you could do the same thing.
Exactly. same here, do that with my boat too.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Unlike other models, the E90 diff only has one plug. It's used to both drain the diff oil and fill it. As others have said, the diff oil needs to be pumped out.

·
Bimmer Dreamer
514 Posts
rrandyy said:
Exactly - Lot of paranoia in this forum, which I would understand if this were a FORD forum.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts