Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some rain a few weeks back I noticed the pass side foot well was damp. I then noticed the car had engine, trans Prndl light flashing, air bag light, abs light on. I went to move the car and found it in limp mod.

I removed the pass micro filter to check for water on the modules and none. Removed them all to inspect wires no water. I then proceeded to the zgm and the module below it, no water.

Car start, but I can not communicate through the dlc. My scanner power on through dlc just won’t connect.

Any pin location for dlc Anyone can send? Or any idea where to start looking for water ingress?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Need pin out if dlc and any pin information for connectors behind glove box.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have checked connections at the zgm and the sim. No water or visible concerns. Inspected connections at and around the sasr, no visible concerns.

I sourced a known good zgm and swapped out. Still no communication at dlc and seem like P can is still down.

Checked voltage at dlc found the following.

Pin 1 0v
Pin 4 0v
Pin 5 0v
Pin 12 12v
Pin 10 0v
Pin 16 12.8v

Need ideas where to go next.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I got my hands on a zgm diagram. If the K CAN is the communication line between CAN systems, I find pin 6 K CAN SH only reads .2v were pin 12 K CAN SL reads 4.5v. Is this a concern?

PT Can pins showing 10v. Seems high as my understanding is CAN line operate between 1-5v. Should I be looking for a short to power on the PT CAN?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I have been working in the car off and on over the past week.

Seeing I had a shorted P CAN I started to disconnect modules. As I was doing this I noticed the fuel pump was staying on with the engine off. I went to remove the rear seat and found it wet. Once removed I found water!

See attached pics.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone have a part number for the ribbon connector on the rear left side under the seat? As you see the pins stated to rust and when I took apart the diod broke.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts