Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought an 02 745i got it running well mechanically but I have no music. No door chimes. No sound whatsoever!! I can still control the center display with and get into climate control, settings, etc.. Local bmw dealer said it was the logic 7 amp so I replaced it but still nothing! Please Help!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bought an 02 745i got it running well mechanically but I have no music. No door chimes. No sound whatsoever!! I can still control the center display with and get into climate control, settings, etc.. Local bmw dealer said it was the logic 7 amp so I replaced it but still nothing! Please Help!!!!

If you’re getting the SOS warning popping up Here’s a link. I just fixed mine and works great. I ordered It from amazon.

https://youtu.be/0xSU876zYgc

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I’m not gettin any sos warning. And it’s a 7 series not model shown in video. There is just no sound at all. I can use and go thru everything on the screen but that’s about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
229 Posts
My 760 has audio but no chime neither.

Where is the speaker of this chime?

·
Registered
935 Posts
No sound what so ever indicates the ASK. But do check with inpa for faults and the secret menu in the idrive. And if you still don't find anything you can buy a fiber optic loop and start trying to bypass all the units in the most ring.

Can you still communicate with the navigation, CD changer, TV and so on?

I think the GPS computer or the SVS units used to fail in the older models.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No sound what so ever indicates the ASK. But do check with inpa for faults and the secret menu in the idrive. And if you still don't find anything you can buy a fiber optic loop and start trying to bypass all the units in the most ring.

Can you still communicate with the navigation, CD changer, TV and so on?

I think the GPS computer or the SVS units used to fail in the older models.

Yea I got a loop I’m jus waiting on a nice day it’s all snow right now around my way. I wanna try n bypass the modules see which one faults. I now know about the hidden menu in the Nav screen!! Thanks. And as for communication I can get into everything on the nav screen. the climate control, it shows am fm tape cd, all bold. I just can’t click on any and it won’t show the stations or volume bar or map. Idk

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the same problem and it was the satellite radio located under the rear deck I add a loop and left it alone I wasn’t using it anymore...

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

1 - 12 of 12 Posts