BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

No flashlight socket, no dc plug! 2010 e90

2383 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  CALWATERBOY
I picked up a CPO 335i xdrive the other day and traded in my 2005 325xi.

The car I bought doensnt have really any options but I'm fine with it. So I go to plug in my Garmin and there is no DC plug other than the armrest. ok so thats fine, I thought, I will just get the flashlight adapter plug that I have seen advertised.

I look in the glovebox. No Flashlight, no socket!

I pulled off the little plastic cover, no outlet!

How do I get another DC plug so I can run the ugly cord for the garmin up next to the rear-view mirror?

Do they make a wiring kit for the flashlight socket? Then I can plug the adapter into that in the glove box?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
There should be another lighter socket underneath the dash on the passenger side near the center console. You'll have to look and feel around to find it
Found it! Awesome, thanks.

So does the dash one still charge when the car is off?

Seems like the arm-rest plug is off when the car is off.
Both of the sockets are on the same circuit, controlled with the ignition, so they are both off when the car is off.

Sure would have made sense to have one be live all the time, but no.
Found it! Awesome, thanks.

So does the dash one still charge when the car is off?

Seems like the arm-rest plug is off when the car is off.
Many enterprising owners have wired a radar detector in at the mirror - search, and ye shall find....beats running the fugly cord.
How do I get another DC plug so I can run the ugly cord for the garmin up next to the rear-view mirror?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.