BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Please, call me Brian.
10,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The heat doesn't come out of any eye level vents, the ones above the stereo and to the left of the steering wheel, but does come out of the defrost and by the feet. The air coming out of the eye level vents is room temp or colder, any explanations?
The previous owner had changed the thermostat, which I heard could get air bubbles in the system and cause no heat, but would that affect only certain vents? There is also an aftermarket CD player, could something have come unplugged/disconnected when he installed it?

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
having have pulled many dashs before, and recently reinstalled one as well, the only explanation it could possibly be in my mind is that the cable connected back to the slidey lever below the stereo that controls those vents has come disconnected from either the lever itself or the heaterbox behind.

·
Registered
174 Posts
that sounds like your best bet, if you are getting heat from one position and not the others when you change it some thing is not connected to redirect the flow of air

·
Please, call me Brian.
10,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks guys, I'll try and pull the dash off later today, it's hitting low 30's here and some heat would be great!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts