Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I just got myself a new 2019 430i Advantage with the optional M Sport package installed. I expected to be able to use launch control, but so far I have not been able to activate it. How can this be? How did I manage to order a 430i without LC? :)

·
Pedant and Curmudgeon
6,205 Posts
Hi all

I just got myself a new 2019 430i Advantage with the optional M Sport package installed. I expected to be able to use launch control, but so far I have not been able to activate it. How can this be? How did I manage to order a 430i without LC?
LC is not "fitted" on non-M cars, usually reserved for cars with the DCT transmission.

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Hi all

I just got myself a new 2019 430i Advantage with the optional M Sport package installed. I expected to be able to use launch control, but so far I have not been able to activate it. How can this be? How did I manage to order a 430i without LC? :)
Have you asked the dealer that sold you the car if LC was included?

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
LC is not "fitted" on non-M cars, usually reserved for cars with the DCT transmission.
This is not correct, LC is fitted to all 3 series that have the Sport 8 spd transmission

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
7,605 Posts
Just as one wonders "why" certain posters keep posting stuff that is not factual. Or "why" posters feel the "need" to use "quotation" marks "constantly"? From my perspective, launch control is fun, and probably helps drive business at dealership parts counters.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Just as one wonders "why" certain posters keep posting stuff that is not factual. Or "why" posters feel the "need" to use "quotation" marks "constantly"? From my perspective, launch control is fun, and probably helps drive business at dealership parts counters.
One also wonders "why" someone who proudly labels themselves a "pedant" wouldn't simply do a quick Google search before making a post that is not factual.

The irony is staggering.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
One wonders "why" a LC program is needed with torque-converter auto.
Why would one wonder this, since you gave false information to a poster. Just admit you made a mistake and thank those who educated you the correct information.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts