BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like tan/beige interiors because they feel airy to me. Personal preference, not the issue in this thread. Just noticed the BMW build page that even with Venetian beige, the car still comes with a black headliner. Is this the new standard? Is there any way to get beige on a special order, or has it just been discontinued? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,646 Posts
If true, it is a bad development. I like a light interior, whether beige or light gray. Mercedes C class has light gray available. A lighter color makes it easier to see things inside and makes the car seem less small.

I thought the headliner was off white. That's the best choice even in with a black interior.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If true, it is a bad development. I like a light interior, whether beige or light gray. Mercedes C class has light gray available. A lighter color makes it easier to see things inside and makes the car seem less small.

I thought the headliner was off white. That's the best choice even in with a black interior.
Yeah, the colors clash. I like light interiors, even though they're harder to keep clean, because they give that sense of space you mention. Beige and black don't even go together anyway. With the 2017s also getting black carpeting, a beige interior 3 will (1) still be pretty black looking and (2) look weird. Strange choice on BMW's part IMO.

·
You Don't Need to Know
3,055 Posts

Well, the Anthracite Headliner was part of the Sport Line pre-LCI; and the LCI was supposed to incorporate the Sport Line features as standard (other than 18" wheels). So that makes sense.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,802 Posts
Well, the Anthracite Headliner was part of the Sport Line pre-LCI; and the LCI was supposed to incorporate the Sport Line features as standard (other than 18" wheels). So that makes sense.
^ this. The anthracite headliner is now standard and the only one available. I find it makes maintaining focus on the road ahead easier.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ this. The anthracite headliner is now standard and the only one available. I find it makes maintaining focus on the road ahead easier.
different strokes. I find it distracting to have the seats and roof clash that much.

Looks like worst case scenario, I could buy an oyster colored headliner and have it replaced. Probably would be 800 bucks for the job including all the required parts.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
My previous 335i had a light coloured head liner as does my T5.

A few years back we went out with my son's in-laws and whilst parking STMBO exited the T5 with a lighted cig in her hand. In grabbing the ceiling handle she burned a hole in the head liner. My SOH was checked out all evening...TBH all week.:(

I'm happy with my black head liner... Possibly easier to hide marks...not that it would happen again.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have black floor mats with biege and black headliner. I think the contrast is nice and the mats keep the carpet clean. I'm a mechanic and my shoes get dirty, couldn't imagine tan mats.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts