BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you know how Green Stuff worked with my car. I got the pads about a month and a half ago. I was not going to get them in the first place because I could not find a site that listed the rear pads, so I figured they did not make them. After sending an email to the company, I found that they did make rear pads. I ordered them and put them on pretty easily.

I do not have the part numbers for the front or rear. I misplaced my receipt. But, you can email ebcbrakes for info, here is their website:

http://www.ebcbrakes.com

I've had them on for a little over a month. The instructions mention to brake normally for the first 500 miles to break them in, no hard braking if possible. So, I followed those instructions.

When I first put them on the squealing was very loud, but that went away for the most part, and now they rarely squeal.

Braking seems okay, I would guess they are a little less responsive as the original brakes.

Anyway, on to the brake dust. It is gone for the most part. Since they are made from Kevlar, they do not have any black metal dust. I do notice after about a week, there is a slight dusting that's white in color and wipes off easily.

My wheels now look clean all the time. I'm thrilled. I mostly washed my car in the past only because of all the brake dust on the wheels, but now I can go longer between washes.

·
A Clean Windshield
2,245 Posts
EBC Brakes

You say less responsive? How so. I have the dust like you but want max brake response and bite.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It feels that they do not bite as much as the original pads. And that is by a marginal amount, and I might be wrong. I might just be looking for something that is not there.

It is hard to tell with out being able to test both pads at the same time.

Brian

·
A Clean Windshield
2,245 Posts
EBC Brakes

I picked up a set of Red EBC's for my M Coupe at Homecomming last year. I was waiting to change them until I had SS lines and upgraded Rotors to put in. I just got sets of Zimmerman drilled rotors and Goodridge lines. I was sold the reds over the greens by the rep from HMS Motorsport. Hope I don't have a noticable reduction in cold bite. he seemed to think they were best. I'll let ya know the outcome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts