BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

No more front plates in cali!!

2051 Views 12 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  fm_illuminatus
Hey guys,

I came across this petition to sign if you're tired of getting harassed for not having a front plate. I signed it already and I'm trying to spread this on a few forums. Let's get as many signatures as we can!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/caplate/petition.html

-Cristai
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
COrrect me if I'm wrong...but I've heard a dozen times that online submissions of petitions are NOT allowable by law. :dunno:
Therefore are a moot point and effort......is this entirely true ??:eeps:
Hmmm... Interesting. I didn't create the petition, I just signed it.
I by LAW ...I mean not usable. Not so much as in illegal or anything.....they just aren't the same as petitioning directly to your local senator etc.
Hmmm... Interesting. I didn't create the petition, I just signed it.
I gotcha. I just signed it and figured it was worth a try.
Nice try but that will ultimately be a FAIL.

Trust me I wish it could work.
Best way to do it is move to Oregon. No front plates is legal up here.
I have to disagree with you. The best way for us Cali people would be to stay here and just keep getting these ridiculous tickets and hope that it will change one day. Gotta pay to play!
Best way to do it is move to Oregon. No front plates is legal up here.
You are correct, sir. But it's just a fix-it ticket, so put it back on, show it to an officer, pay your 10 bucks, and off it comes again. The cost of doing business. :)
COrrect me if I'm wrong...but I've heard a dozen times that online submissions of petitions are NOT allowable by law. :dunno:
Therefore are a moot point and effort......is this entirely true ??:eeps:
Sometimes they can make it a non-correctable violation. So be cautious when doing that. It happened to me once and they just imposed a set fine on me. I believe it was over $100. They're onto such repeat offenders. Happened to me for tints too. Thought I could just keep paying the $10 and put tints back on the front windows. If they see repeat offenses on your record, they'll mark "non-correctable" on the ticket. :cry:
To get this on the ballot, you will have to go though the petition process, and have the bill certified by the state. If you this is just an effort to show support for this idea, you could forward the link to your state assemblyperson as encouragement for them to introduce a bill.

But, with the state strapped for revenue (some of which front plate tickets generate), I doubt this would go too far. :dunno: Still, I signed. :)
Hey guys,

I came across this petition to sign if you're tired of getting harassed for not having a front plate. I signed it already and I'm trying to spread this on a few forums. Let's get as many signatures as we can!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/caplate/petition.html

-Cristai
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.