BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw on the 2007 e90 MSPR notice that the valet key thing will no longer be offered. Is this the same for the coupes? I'd imagine so. This doesn't seem like a great move. I thought that was a pretty handy thing to have with you in case of an emergency.

·
Registered
197 Posts
The wallet key is not a valet key. It allows access to the glove box and therefore the trunk.

Your regular key is good for valet parking. Flip the switch in the glove box and then lock it. Give the remote to the valet guy and detach the metal key and take it with you. All will be safe inside the trunk.

·
Registered
265 Posts
My assumption is that the elimination of the emergency key will go along with the ability to remote unlock via BMW Assist, the same way OnStar can currently do on GM vehicles.

·
Registered
219 Posts
gos said:
My assumption is that the elimination of the emergency key will go along with the ability to remote unlock via BMW Assist, the same way OnStar can currently do on GM vehicles.
If you pay for it after the first free year. The same with OnStar, first year free, then they want a lot of money for the service. I think that now BMW is offering 4 years of Assist for free on the 2007 5 series only.

·
Registered
90 Posts
03&04Owner said:
If you pay for it after the first free year. The same with OnStar, first year free, then they want a lot of money for the service. I think that now BMW is offering 4 years of Assist for free on the 2007 5 series only.
According to the 2007 E90 bulletin posted in a thread on this board, BMW Assist comes with 4 years of coverage for the 3 series. That helps me feel a little better about the $1600 ED invoice increase on the 328i :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
i think all 07 BMWs with assist would get 4 yrs for free. maybe because not too many people suscribe after 1 yr coz it's too expensive?

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
Gripster said:
The wallet key is not a valet key. It allows access to the glove box and therefore the trunk.
BMW's product bulletin mistakenly called it a valet/emergency key or something like that. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts