BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the communications section of the iDrive, I have a No Network message. All systems are turned off, and the BT does not work. Does any one know what the problem is?? How do I reset or fix the problem?

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
8,042 Posts
shawny said:
In the communications section of the iDrive, I have a No Network message. All systems are turned off, and the BT does not work. Does any one know what the problem is?? How do I reset or fix the problem?
The car is not communicating (via BT) with your phone. Follow the procedures in the owner's manual for pairing your phone to the car. In a pinch, use the BMW Assist feature to get the m=number for BMW Customer Service and call them to walk you through the process.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Quackbury, I understand what you are saying to me, but that is not the issue, the whole comunications menu is not working (it was at one time) BMW assist is disabled, SOS is disabled, There is no network bar (s) in the main menu, and the message in the BT (phone) menu reads "No network". Have you ever seen or heard of this before?

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
8,042 Posts
Even when my BT phone is connected, I get the No Network message and no bars when I drive outside of my cell provider's coverage area. So a BT phone that isn't paired properly would explain that (I think).

However, the BMW Assist uses its own separate cell phone, so the simple answer is....

I HAVEN'T GOT A CLUE! (Good luck, though!)

·
BMW NA Customer Relations
454 Posts
I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
No network

I am having the same problem as quackbury. I have a 2008 528i that I bought last week. The first day I paired my iphone 5 (with the new ios8) right away. But today, it didn't work even though the display says the phone is paired with the car. I also noticed a message that says no network. I called the BMW Customer Relations number and was told to break the pairing and start over. Now, the phone won't pair with the car. I can't help but think the lack of network has something to do with it. But I don't have any idea how to initializw the network or how to pair the phone. Obviously for 6 days it was paired. What happened? Do I have to pay for a service? Any help is appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts