BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the dealer (Braman BMW in Miami :thumbdwn:) to get one of the short shifters for my 335, but they told me that there are no BMW original short shifters for the 335 yet?

This sounds to me like a bunch of BULLS***T

I want to get the one that comes with the 128i. Does anybody know if that one fits the E92 335xi?

·
Skjoni's Dad
1,733 Posts
Is Braman BMW the A-hole ex-Eagles owner Norman Braman?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies :thumbup:
The DIY seems a little bit too much for me to attempt. Can I get it installed @ the dealer?

·
Registered
653 Posts
I read that people did use dealers to install it, but it is not as hard as it may seem. If you want to try it yourself, it shouldn't take more than 1.5 hrs, and you don't need any tools except a simple wrench and a screwdriver. There are only 4 bolts and 1 circlip.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I went to the dealer (Braman BMW in Miami :thumbdwn:) to get one of the short shifters for my 335, but they told me that there are no BMW original short shifters for the 335 yet?

This sounds to me like a bunch of BULLS***T

I want to get the one that comes with the 128i. Does anybody know if that one fits the E92 335xi?

Just out of curiousity.. why do you have an Xi in Miami?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just out of curiousity.. why do you have an Xi in Miami?
I was living in Denver and I moved to Miami 2 months ago. And actually, I couldn't be happier that I got the xi and not the i. IMO its so much more badass than the i and I LOVE the fact that I'm probably the only one in Miami with an xi. Anything that separates me from the average Miami inhabitant makes me a very happy man :D

Not to mention that in regular city driving, the xi is faster than the i :supdude:

·
Registered
30 Posts
With the XI, it is an absolute pc. of cake install. Easy, don't pay someone if you have a needle nose pliars and a couple screwdrivers. You don't need to take anything apart aside from removing the shift boot. It's all done from inside the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts