BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Modded 5
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys...

i just changed the CPS and fuel filter today....

my car still the same as before.....( 0-100km = 8.4secs in S-1 mode ,dry with ASC off )

i almost changed out everything that on the list of causing poor performance....

1. Cats = no cats now
2. MAF = not yet change
3. CPS = Brand new
4. Fuel filter = Brand new
5. Valve gasket = Brand new
6. spraks = Changed 2 months ago

so now is it my MAF ???

·
Modded 5
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
my car just don't rev smooth......it eat more gas than my friend's 540......

and the problem is....i don't have performance....my 525 is just like that....

i did a 0-100km test in dry road conditon.....ASC off....go into steptronic mode in S-1....floor it....and it barly move ( just like in normal traffic and in D mode and start slowly )....just like i don't have torque anymore....and after 3k rpms...it just better but not normal i think......0-100km = 8.3secs to 8.7secs and my friend done it withn 6.5secs

and my 540 won't even spin on wet road when i floor it with ASC off from a dead stop

·
Registered
32 Posts
My 540 accelerated very slowly with a bad MAF. Replaced it and the car had power again. Unplug the MAF and see if the car has more power. If the car runs better with the MAF unplugged, then "probably" you need a new MAF.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I saw someone recommend you remove your MAF and see if the problem clears up. If it does, well its your MAF.

The only other question I have is did the problem start after you changed your sparks?

·
just havin a heart attack
2,741 Posts
well you removed your cats you say, did you install o2 simulators in place of the post-cat o2 sensors?

EDIT: Have you had a compression test done?

·
just havin a heart attack
2,741 Posts
xclone said:
I saw someone recommend you remove your MAF and see if the problem clears up. If it does, well its your MAF.

The only other question I have is did the problem start after you changed your sparks?
removing the connection to it, not the entire thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.