BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 330i. While trying to accelerate into the freeway, seems the car won't getup and go. I pulled a p0741 torque converter before, but the check engine went away about a month ago. With this loss of power, anyone think it is the TQ?

· ROLL TIDE!
24,184 Posts
Got a 330i. While trying to accelerate into the freeway, seems the car won't getup and go. I pulled a p0741 torque converter before, but the check engine went away about a month ago. With this loss of power, anyone think it is the TQ?
Do you have the trans limp mode light on? It would be an exclamation point a gear around it and it shows up in your gear indicator screen. Like this....(see blue arrow)

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check all vacuum hoses.

A small vacuum leak could be the cause of loss of power
Thanks I'll be sure to check that. I'm wondering if the Torque Converter could be stuck. Anyone have a similar issue with Torque Converters and lack of power. It's kinda like I'm in 5th gear and I'm trying to accelerate from 25mph. My car is an automatic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.