BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gidday from down under!

I have a 2009 320d E93 Automatic!

I have installed a new battery and the car won't start. I place the key fob in the ignition slot and I get no power, not even accessories, cabin lights or a/c, blinkers or wipers - no power at all!!

I charged the new battery before I installed it. I installed the correct spec battery - 90CCA

I can measure 12volts in the engine bay jump points and I can measure 12 volts across the battery harness in the boot!

I have disconnected the negative terminal IBS cable!

I have checked the Car Access System fuses and start-stop fuses - these are all good!

Once I gain access to accessories power, I have a BMW OBD2 tool that will access error codes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated cheers!

·
Registered
3/2007 328xi E91
3,615 Posts
Your B+ Supply Cable from the Rear Power Distribution Panel (X10209) on top of Battery is NOT properly connected to the JB (Junction Box) Fuse Panel (X13020). There are 3 different B+ Cables from Battery to different components. The LARGE one from (+) Battery Post to Jumpstart Terminal under hood is OK (as is your Ground) if you measure 12V there, in reference to Chassis Ground.

Attached are two ISTA ScreenPrints showing the two ends of the B+ cable in question, which powers ALL of the fuses in the JB Fuse Panel. If you check for disconnected X10209, or for voltage at each end of cable, the cause of the issue should be clear.
George

Product Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Product Rectangle Slope Font Parallel

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your B+ Supply Cable from the Rear Power Distribution Panel (X10209) on top of Battery is NOT properly connected to the JB (Junction Box) Fuse Panel (X13020). There are 3 different B+ Cables from Battery to different components. The LARGE one from (+) Battery Post to Jumpstart Terminal under hood is OK (as is your Ground) if you measure 12V there, in reference to Chassis Ground.

Attached are two ISTA ScreenPrints showing the two ends of the B+ cable in question, which powers ALL of the fuses in the JB Fuse Panel. If you check for disconnected X10209, or for voltage at each end of cable, the cause of the issue should be clear.
George

View attachment 1040764 View attachment 1040765
gbalthrop problem solved - you are a certified genius, this cable was the problem! Sincere thanks for making the effort to respond. Hope lots of good Karma comes your way!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts