BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
to remove the glovebox so you can get to the fuse box theres a fabric panel on the left of the kick panel you have to remove a t20 torx and you push the panel back and it pops off then take two t20s off the back off the kick panel and two t30s on the air bag you can pull it down make sure you unplug the air bag and the light in the back then your is 4 t20s holding the glove box in

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
OMG I LOVE YOU bmwwww! Sooooooooooooooooo much. I was able to confirmed that this defect is indeed the problem. I feel alive again :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'm good now that I know for sure what the problem is. I confirmed it by wiggling the B+ cable on the back off the fuse box with my driver door open. Soon as the cabin light came on I popped open the passenger, then pushed in the key FOB and started my car..

So I plan to un-mount the fuse box and leave it in the glove box so I can wiggle it easier while waiting for my parts to come in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
How in the world do I remove the rear seat back? I see latches like a hood or trunk, but I'm unsure how to release them

--Edit

nevermind, found out to use those white latch releases.. Which don't work worth ****.. just removed the mount..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Ok, I have finished installed the new Fuse Box and B+ Cable.
I took out the front passenger seat to make things easier.. Now I have Faulty Air bag light in the Variable Indicator lamp, and I have Unbuckled Seat and Air Bag light on the Fixed Indicator lamps.

Any thoughts on what I could have missed connecting?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello starr... how did you end up fixing the problem? If you even remember ? And why did you end up changing? I'm facing the same issue ***55357;***56862;***55357;***56862;

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please help me

Ok, I have finished installed the new Fuse Box and B+ Cable.
I took out the front passenger seat to make things easier.. Now I have Faulty Air bag light in the Variable Indicator lamp, and I have Unbuckled Seat and Air Bag light on the Fixed Indicator lamps.

Any thoughts on what I could have missed connecting?
I just bought bmw 318 d last week and the same problem happened to me. I tried unlocking the door manually and only the drivers door opens. The main problem is that the battery is in the boot and I can't access that without the fob key, as there is no buttons to unlock it neither is there a key hole by the boot. Can you please help me

·
Certifiable BMW Whackjob!
6,638 Posts
I just bought bmw 318 d last week and the same problem happened to me. I tried unlocking the door manually and only the drivers door opens. The main problem is that the battery is in the boot and I can't access that without the fob key, as there is no buttons to unlock it neither is there a key hole by the boot. Can you please help me
Omar posted in October, know why there's been no response? Starr hasn't posted since 2013, probably doesn't have the car anymore. Always check the post dates.
Now if I understand your problem correctly, you can't open the boot because the battery is dead/disconnected? Attach power to the points under the bonnet as described in the manual for jump starting then try the button.

Sent from the past using the Bimmerfest app on my flip-phone

21 - 32 of 32 Posts