BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stock 2001 325i 5spd Manual

I can hear the pump priming and had a buddy watch the open fuel delivery line while I primed the fuel pump and he said it sprayed out with good pressure. I already replaced the filter with attached pressure gauge along with all the hoses, but still nothing in the fuel rail. If I let it sit overnight and then come back and press the fuel pressure relief valve (on the fuel rail) I'll hear air pressure get released but no fuel.

Off the top of my head I'm thinking:
Bleed the fuel system for air bubbles?
Or maybe its as simple as I'm not priming it properly?

Idk, i feel really dumb right now so somebody help me! lol

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts
Stock 2001 325i 5spd Manual

I can hear the pump priming and had a buddy watch the open fuel delivery line while I primed the fuel pump and he said it sprayed out with good pressure. I already replaced the filter with attached pressure gauge along with all the hoses, but still nothing in the fuel rail. If I let it sit overnight and then come back and press the fuel pressure relief valve (on the fuel rail) I'll hear air pressure get released but no fuel.

Off the top of my head I'm thinking:
Bleed the fuel system for air bubbles?
Or maybe its as simple as I'm not priming it properly?

Idk, i feel really dumb right now so somebody help me! lol
Just because you hear the pump doesnt mean it is giving you full pressure. It should be around 50psi at the rail if memory serves. Id suspect the pump, they are a very common failure.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,316 Posts
Assuming your fuel pump is original, (probably), it has reached it`s retirement age, and should be replaced, along with the fuel filter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts