BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all,

I'm wrapping up my maintenance of the car and have been left on one last thing. The front windshield wiper nozzles.

The front nozzles won't spray any fluid, while the rear nozzle will (I have a wagon).

I just changed the pump but they still won't spray, not quite sure what is happening.

Ideas?

·
Keeping it surreal
43,351 Posts
Howdy all,

I'm wrapping up my maintenance of the car and have been left on one last thing. The front windshield wiper nozzles.

The front nozzles won't spray any fluid, while the rear nozzle will (I have a wagon).

I just changed the pump but they still won't spray, not quite sure what is happening.

Ideas?
Are you talking about the headlight washer nozzles (on the front bumper), or the windshield nozzles (at the rear of the hood) ?

·
catso
3,163 Posts
Thanks catso, do you mean like I could get compressed air can, like those for computers, and just spray into the nozzles? or from the lines?
You can try the cans if you don't have a compressor. Try it in both directions. Disconnect the hose at each end. Eventually you'll find the clog.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I've always just used a sewing needle and inserted it into the nozzle from the outside. It's also a handy tool for re-aiming the nozzle jets.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mesh filter at bottom of water bottle

In addition to the already suggested (clean nozzles with pin, blow air through lines) there is also a blocked filter at the bottom of the water bottle to consider!

This is a very small, mesh filter at the bottom of the front water bottle which is meant to stop muck travelling into the lines. Unfortunately only way to get at this filter and clean it is to remove the front water bottle from the bonnet altogether! It's a fiddly job cos its tight around there but can be done in 30mins.

Once cleaned the filter can be kept clean by ensuring only clean water is put in and by using quality screen wash and not cheaper alternatives. Good luck!

·
Keeping it surreal
43,351 Posts
In addition to the already suggested (clean nozzles with pin, blow air through lines) there is also a blocked filter at the bottom of the water bottle to consider!

This is a very small, mesh filter at the bottom of the front water bottle which is meant to stop muck travelling into the lines. Unfortunately only way to get at this filter and clean it is to remove the front water bottle from the bonnet altogether! It's a fiddly job cos its tight around there but can be done in 30mins.

Once cleaned the filter can be kept clean by ensuring only clean water is put in and by using quality screen wash and not cheaper alternatives. Good luck!
You`re responding to an inactive thread from a year and a half ago....check the dates before posting....:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.