BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, I have a custumer that has an 04 330xi. When ever is 36 deg or colder it cranks and doesnt start. i will start with many key cycles. she installed new pump and relay.
I notice that battery voltage was right around 12.2v with key off. and with key on it was 11.4 with key on. when started it charges at 11.3 for up to 10 seconds then jumps to 14.0v. is this a normal condition?? is the pump not getting the correct voltage on start up. is the battery failing in cold conditions? when tested it read good battery but its warm whenever i get it.
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I had to do a load test on my battery before it failed. Sam's Club (here in Colorado), was able to do this. You have to remove the battery, and their computer system then tested it for ~5 minutes, with various loads on it. Under heavy load, like starting the engine, is when it failed. Otherwise, it measured 12+V all the time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.