BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an appt this morning at the BMW Svc Dept to have a rim with curb rash repaired.
When I got in and pressed the starter btn (remote in pants pocket), nothing happened. I was sure I had left a light on and drained the battery. After playing with light switch/horn it was obvious that I had power...but the car wouldn't start.
I got out and inadvertently moved the remote to the console and it started. But during the 30min drive the door lock activation occurred about every 10 min. I was confused.
At the dealer the SA listened to my story and said he'd check the fault codes.
Six hours later my rashed rim looks new and the culprit of the no start was the little battery in the remote!
Great knowledge to have in the future!
(2015 X5 35d, 24,000 mi; 18 months old)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Please stop reporting problems!!! I had just about every problem reported in the X5 E70 forum - it happened to me sooner or later and while way out of town!!
But this battery looks like a definite future problem for me too ha ha. I just took the remote apart and it looks like a familiar CR2032 coin battery in there. :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
...keep a spare in the glove compartment !!
Or two. I find those batteries are used in so many things these days (especially car smart keys) that I make sure I always have a couple around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts