BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1988 325i that I changed the engine in. I could not get fire to it when done. I ended up running a hot wire from the coil to btry and a wire to the fuel pump. It started right away and sounded good. After starting it a couple times I lost fire again. Would this blow the ecm or does anyone have a cure? :cry::cry:

·
Aficionado
3,016 Posts
Do you have fuel and spark? Try jumping the fuel pump and main relays, if you can hear the fuel pump and the ICV buzzing and still get no spark, test your CPS with a multimeter, that will prevent it from start.

·
Registered
203 Posts
This is a common thing that happens when we swap motors or the CPS. check to see if you swapped the two plugs by mistake under the round pin connector plug when you did the swap.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no start

I THANK YOU FOR THE INFO. I am going to make the checks tomorrow. I did hot wire the fuel pump and coil and it started right up, but after I started it a couple times it lost fire again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you REYHAN335, I will try it this week. I am lost on this problem but with luck and a knowledgable friend I can get it worked out. THANX AGAIN !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts