BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

102 days and finally got my pride and joy.

520d SE Touring. I'm a little useless when it comes to tech. But one of the features I used on my Mondeo was voice control.

As you'll know. The car has Business Navigation Advanced as standard. It also has the voice control switch on the steering wheel.

This is where I'm confused. I press it. Nothing. Not a murmur. I did ask at order in May if it had X Y and Z. Naturally he can't recall that question (although I mentioned it was used in my PX... Mondeo).

So. Should it have it. If not. Can anyone give me a idea of cost to have the software enabled?

This would be to control climate. Nav. Media etc.

Thanks for taking the time to read. I look forward to your comments and suggestions.

Nick and Kerry

·
Registered
83 Posts
I THINK might be a feature on only the pro navigation not business. Mine doesn't make any sound but you talk to it and it does speak back. A Long press connects to siri which is also useful sometimes..

The BMW website seems a bit unsure as the where it is included :/

·
Registered
726 Posts
On my 2012, Voice Control/Recognition is option code 0620 or S620A depending on the decoder.
Use an online decoder to get the equipment list for your particular car. You will need the last 7 characters of your VIN.
GL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Chris

I know what your saying, and your probably right, I just feel like its a 'look what you could have had if you were such a tight arse!' - Thats me being daft though.

I ordered it in May, and it was a:

520d SE Touring Step Auto With Paddles & 3 Spoke Wheel

12 Speaker Advanced Audio upgrade

Privacy Glass

Shadowline including Roof Rails

Ambient lighting

Service Pack

Fog Lights (How BMW can call this an extra on a 32k car is beyond me!)

As Im a Yorkshire man, I didnt really or couldn't justify the metallic, I think with the black windows and and Shadowline it looks a treat, Im hoping the photos have uploaded. What do you think?

I have read there is some software available for the voice control, but we will see.

Its blooming lovely though, my first 'proper' car.

Nick

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
That looks really really smart. White is the in colour at the moment it would appear. :) I got the m sport with a few options and always wondered if I should have upgraded the engine. A colleague has a 535 with no options. If you put the 520 in sport and move the gear stick to the left it goes like stink. I think I'd have killed myself in the 535 down our Lancashire lanes. Enjoy :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.