BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
JST said:
...End of story, in my opinion....
That's right. In YOUR opinion...

Does it outhandle a 330, or a Ferrari F355? No, but who the hell cross-shops those cars?
I don't know. You brought it up. I never said people cross-shop those cars... Interesting you mentioned the 330 though. How different is a 330 non-SP from a 325 non-SP in terms of handling???

...To quote TD, it drives like a Buick.
Well, I think you guys are authorities when it comes to determine what's good and what's not. So, I won't even go there.

·
Now with Nano
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
a co-worker suggested that it could have been an all wheel drive variant. I didn't even know jaguar made an all wheel drive car but am inclined to believe that. anyway, I'd believe it because even my stock subaru forester can get through that canyon pretty quickly.

it's a very tight twisty road that requires much concentration and cars dissapear around corners pretty quickly. I didn't catch any performance cues like a lip spoiler. all I know for sure is that it was a jag because of the grille and headlights.

I consider myself at least an above average driver. I'm sure this person was a better driver but to get the kind of lead on me that he did, makes me to believe that he also had a major hardware advantage. now that I think about it and assuming that the car is indeed available in an all wheel drive version, that may indeed have been what I was up against. he was able to slice through corners with minimal braking.

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
ALEX325i said:

That's right. In YOUR opinion...

I don't know. You brought it up. I never said people cross-shop those cars... Interesting you mentioned the 330 though. How different is a 330 non-SP from a 325 non-SP in terms of handling???

Well, I think you guys are authorities when it comes to determine what's good and what's not. So, I won't even go there.

A. Of course it's my opinion.
B. You compared the Mondeo to the E46, not me.
C. The 330 non-SP is very different from the 325 non-SP. All 330s have the sport suspension standard, even if they don't have the SP.
D. LOL

WRT to AWD Jaguars: The S-type is only available in RWD form. The X-type (which is somewhat smaller) is available in AWD form only (so far), and as a matter of fact is related to the Mondeo. If what you were jousting with was an X-type, your experience makes a lot of sense. X-type 3.0s post performance numbers essentially identical to 330s (although, AGAIN IMHO, they are not as much fun to drive).

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
JST said:

C. The 330 non-SP is very different from the 325 non-SP. All 330s have the sport suspension standard, even if they don't have the SP.
Not the X model... But yeah, I forgot 330i's also come with Sport suspension calibration standard... Have been working 16+ hours/day for the last two weeks...

Shame on me nonetheless... That's something a BMW enthusiast is NOT allowed to forget...

·
Now with Nano
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
well my car has a dinan stage-II but I'm running aging contisports which I break loose all the time. the DSC kicks in a lot if I forget to disable it. like I said , the road requires lots of concentration so if I forget to disable it, it's usually on through the whole run or at least until I can get to a decent straight.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
JST said:
The X-type (which is somewhat smaller) is available in AWD form only (so far), and as a matter of fact is related to the Mondeo.
A small addition ; the Jaguar introduced the 2.0 liter/V6 engine with FWD on the X-Type. (156hp)

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
31st330i said:
I consider myself at least an above average driver. I'm sure this person was a better driver but to get the kind of lead on me that he did, makes me to believe that he also had a major hardware advantage. now that I think about it and assuming that the car is indeed available in an all wheel drive version, that may indeed have been what I was up against. he was able to slice through corners with minimal braking.
Hey 31st,

Don't worry bro... The guy definitely had hardware advantage. I'm pretty sure you "raced" a 4.0 V8 powered S-Type... The V6 would never had "walked" away like that...

Yup, that guy must be a pretty good driver to keep control of a 4,000lbs car in the twisties...

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.