BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just completed a fantastic E.D. a few weeks ago.

While looking at some of my pictures during the Welt delivery, I noticed that BMW didn’t include any wheel locks on my M3? Is this something new, or should I ask someone about this when I take redelivery in the coming weeks at PCD?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Happily Driving
7,384 Posts
Aren't wheel locks a dealer (or PCD) installed accessory?

·
Skjoni's Dad
1,733 Posts
Mine were installed by the dealer upon re-delivery. I actually just removed them this spring when I swapped out the snows for the summers: they are aggravating to use, and one of them broke in half when I tightened it! Luckily I got it back off, but I'm sticking with regular lugs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, thank you.

That would make sense that the wheel locks are dealer installed. I just assumed the wheel locks were included with ED, since I saw pictures of the wheel lock key included in the tool kit.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've read some of the festers brought their own locks to Welt and asked someone to install them. Is that still an option?
I plan to tour Europe for a week and car might stay in parking lots for 2 days at a time. How often do you see cars in Europe without all four wheels?
Here in NYC it's a daily sight (literary).

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.