BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just recently bought a 2007 328xi an i was turning into a parking lot an hit a pothole bottoming out the sound made me cringe.:mad: Now when i turn it makes a thumping noise an faster i am going the faster the noise. At first only seemed to make the noise when i turn left in front passenger wheel but started to make noise when i turn right but not as bad. So many things it could be im not to car savvy please help want to know what it is before i take it in so im not taken advantage of thanks.:)

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
Maybe bad/failing wheel bearing

·
Banned
10,015 Posts
Just recently bought a 2007 328xi an i was turning into a parking lot an hit a pothole bottoming out the sound made me cringe.:mad: Now when i turn it makes a thumping noise an faster i am going the faster the noise. At first only seemed to make the noise when i turn left in front passenger wheel but started to make noise when i turn right but not as bad. So many things it could be im not to car savvy please help want to know what it is before i take it in so im not taken advantage of thanks.:)
Goes to show: BMW 4WD does not mean off road. Personally I like Range Rover's 4WD; hate their reliability.

·
Banned
10,015 Posts
Hondo's got it - sounds like something broke or bent.

Yup, sounds like....uh....sounds like.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts