BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nokia 8800 / 8801 pairing

Dear Frank,

Could you help me out here? I have the Nokia 8800 and a 2005 645ci; I can't get them to marry :(

Does your car come with the Bluetooth handset as well or is that why I have a problem?

I do the search on my phone, and it sees the 'car' and I enter the code and do the pairing and all that but then they don't connect :cry:

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

·
servant to the people
149 Posts
BlackOnBlack645 said:
Dear Frank,

Could you help me out here? I have the Nokia 8800 and a 2005 645ci; I can't get them to marry :(

Does your car come with the Bluetooth handset as well or is that why I have a problem?

I do the search on my phone, and it sees the 'car' and I enter the code and do the pairing and all that but then they don't connect :cry:

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks
I don't have the handset. I just leave the phone in my pocket and it automatically connects when I'm in range and the car is on.

What I did was from the Communications section in the I menu, I went to phone. I then searched on the 8800 and found BMWxxxxxx. I entered a random code and accepted the pairing on the idrive and reentered the same code. Once paired, close the phone and you should see a car icon in the midlle of your screen. Hit menu, communications, phone and see if it got your address book a-z, etc. The handset shouldn't matter since the bluetooth connection is wireless. Can you show me a pic of your handset ?

·
Banned
1,421 Posts
Whoa, sorry. If u have a wired CPT9000 or similar then u cannot have bluetooth enabled at same time. It's one or the other that dealer has to set up.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Anyone have a Nokia 8801 that works with the BMW ULF?

Hello all -

Just got a shiny new Nokia 8801. I've paired successfully, but can't get any sound to come through the car. Voice activated dialing works, and I can see on the phone that its making the call - as soon as the call connects, the phone disconnects from the BMW ULF. When I end the call, the bluetooth connection is renewed - strange and very disappointing.

Bluetooth continues to work great with my SE T610 and Sidekick 3.

Wondering whether its a problem with the phone or incompatibility with the ULF. Anyone out there have a nokia 8801 that works with the BMW ULF?

Thanks!

·
servant to the people
149 Posts
I have both the 8800 (mine) and the 8801 (significant other) paired properly and works great on the IDrive. Where in NY are you?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Everything will work except for the signal bar on your Idrive. Transfering calls from car to phone and vice versa sucks. There's about a minute of delay.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts