BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
2 Times ED'er
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tested several Nokia phones and only my very old 6230 works with my bluetooth. I'm quite frustrated that my N80 and N95 does not work with the car ( i was calmly waiting to get my N95, hoping that it would work). I hate the fact that I paid $$ for PP, hoping that at least basic functionality of making/receiving the calls should work with all phones.
My car is a May06 build. Do you guys know is there are retrofit, SW update to upgrade BMW Bluetooth ? Else seems like it's not working with any of the new Nokia phones. This is ridicilous. I plan on writing to BMWNA for a complaint. Any experience on this ?
It's sad that my colleagues can synch any Nokia phone with their Mercedes's and Lexus's and I can't do anything with my BMW. Sad :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

·
Registered
48 Posts
My Nokia 6133 works fine. The only problem is that you do not get call display for call waiting. Address book works perfectly.

I tried an older model Nokia 6102 and it did not connect.

I got the Nokia 6133 unlocked from Ebay.

I feel your pain the lack of compatible phones. Bluetooth should work regardless of the phone.

·
pc335diesel
156 Posts
My new Nokia E50, which just came out recently, works great with the iDrive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey,

I found a program for Nokia phones that sync's your phone contacts to the car.

Its called 'Nokia 810 Contacts Sync'.

The link for the application is:

http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/software/Nokia_810_Contacts_Sync.sisx

After downloading and installing the program to your phone: YOU MUST ERASE all pairings with your car kit after installing the application. Make sure the application is running before you pair your phone to your car kit. Once paired, the application will transfer your contacts to the car kit. The car display should show "Please wait...". Just let it be until a dialog box pops up on your phone indicating that "Contacts Transfer Complete".

Note: This is not 100% tested, so feedback would be great.

Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Which model phone are you using?

I was having problems with my N95 and 2006 Z4. After upgrading the phone to the latest software (12.0.013) the phone can sync with the car kit (was v10 something before and wouldn't even pair). To view your phones software type *#0000# from the main screen.

You can update the phone software by going to: http://europe.nokia.com/softwareupdate. You will need the cable to connect to your PC.

You will need to make a backup (Nokia PC Suite Content Copier). Be warned that although most stuff gets backed up, some stuff will need to be re-installed (applications) and settings reset manually (ringtones).

It doesn't seem that the phonebook will sync across with my Z4 (but make sure you have 'Remote SIM Access' set to yes under the Bluetooth settings on the phone).

In general, I've found that E series devices have just worked with my Z4.

Cheers,

John.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey,

I found a program for Nokia phones that sync's your phone contacts to the car.

Its called 'Nokia 810 Contacts Sync'.

The link for the application is:

http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/software/Nokia_810_Contacts_Sync.sisx

After downloading and installing the program to your phone: YOU MUST ERASE all pairings with your car kit after installing the application. Make sure the application is running before you pair your phone to your car kit. Once paired, the application will transfer your contacts to the car kit. The car display should show "Please wait...". Just let it be until a dialog box pops up on your phone indicating that "Contacts Transfer Complete".

Note: This is not 100% tested, so feedback would be great.

Thanks.
Does not work with my Nokia E65

·
YeeeeeHaaaaaww!
145 Posts
i paired my Cingular/ATT Blackberry 7130C Even though I called the BMW bluetooth guys, and they said it wasnt supported..

·
Registered
17 Posts
6102i works fine

·
pc335diesel
156 Posts
I take back what I said earlier about my new nokia E50. I can make and receive calls with the Idrive, but no phone numbers show up on my Idrive screen. I'm not frustrated though, as I will just use the phone to initiate calls and then the bluetooth picks up the call. I bought my phone directly from nokia because they just came out. It was $250 and can be used with at&t.

·
Registered
236 Posts
is there a list of phones that can and/or cannot work with bluetooth, i
m probably getting a new phone soon so i would like 2 know whether it works on bluetooth or not o.0

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
is there a list of phones that can and/or cannot work with bluetooth, i
m probably getting a new phone soon so i would like 2 know whether it works on bluetooth or not o.0
See list here : http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216

I believe it has been discussed several times in the forum, the none of the N* phones will work. It has to do with an incompatibility with the Bluetooth Chipset and Symbian OS in the phones compared to what BMW uses.

Some E* phones apparently work otherwise you will have to find some 61*, 62* or 63* series Nokia's

I feel your pain..........this has also been discussed at Nokia's own forum's. Nokia's response has been its a BMW problem not theirs.

The new Bluetooth spec is suppose to fix all these issue with autoconfig and autonavi features but the auto industry usually lags these advancement so we probably will not see any changes before the next body style 3 series or maybe the 7 if we are lucky.

BMW lags the industry with the in car stuff but Ford US and Europe is doing a much better job. Even the Fiat 500 will have better in car integration and electronics in terms of phone integration and navigation.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts