BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased an Interstate battery(MTP-91) to replace dead OEM on '01 330ci. Battery does not fit properly: battery is narrower and shorter. Was told to put wood pieces or something underneath to shore up the battery so that the bracket will clamp down and secure the battery. Is this a good idea especially since I do AutoX & DE? Should I return battery and buy OE? Thanks!

·
Registered
979 Posts
I personally would return the battery and get one that fits properly. I think that was stupid advice from whomever sold you the battery, obviously they are just interested in getting your money, regardless of the consequences (must be from England)!

Douglas battery make the OEM BMW batteries in the US, check them out, based somewhere in South Carolina.

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
WRT autocrossing, as long as it's secured, it's okay.

Sometimes when moving to a lighter weight battery (relatively common "mod"), you have to make adjustments to get it secured.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Is there another hole you can screw the bracket into ? I have Interstate MTP-91s in 2 E30s, although it is shorter than the OEM battery there is another hole in the battery tray that allows the bracket to move up and hold it in tightly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts