BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace the runflats. The car is a lease so I need other runflats.

My choices are:
1) OEM Bridgestones
2) Bridgestone Potenza II (I guess this is the new version?)
3) Continental SSR
4) Pirelli PZero
5) Yokahama ZPS
6) Kumho XRP

Any advice would be appreciated. I have not been on this site in a while so I don't know where to find discussions on this (probably beated to death) topic.

Thanks.
SF

·
Chicks dig Wagons!
4,846 Posts
I have the Kuhmos. Love em! Handling is great, ride is predictably stiff, and they aren't the slightest bit noisy.

I have 15,000 miles on them with modest wear, so I should be able to get to 30,000. I am a inflation pressure nut (check it like once a week) and rotate frequently.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
I am looking to replace the runflats. The car is a lease so I need other runflats.

My choices are:
1) OEM Bridgestones
2) Bridgestone Potenza II (I guess this is the new version?)
3) Continental SSR
4) Pirelli PZero
5) Yokahama ZPS
6) Kumho XRP

Any advice would be appreciated. I have not been on this site in a while so I don't know where to find discussions on this (probably beated to death) topic.

Thanks.
SF
I think the answer to your question is, how many years are left on your lease and how many miles do you drive per year? If you don't have much time left, I'd go with the cheapest option. If your driving miles are high, you might want to consider a higher mileage tire such as Bridgestone's 3rd generation RF, the RE960AS Pole Position. It carries a mileage warrranty, is an all season design, and is less money (Tire Rack) than our OEM RF tire.

·
Pedant and Curmudgeon
6,205 Posts
Sizes?

Without mentioning WHICH size tires/wheels you have (could be 16", 17", 18", 19" wheels with tires from 205/55R16 to 255/30R19 or something like that, not to mention whether they're staggared or square) there is little that we can do to help you.

I have Michelin PS2 ZP on my 335d sport package staggared 18" setup and they're great.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
The tires need to have the BMW star symbol on the sidewall. it is in the owners manual in the tire section.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
I know the Pirelli [email protected] RFT is what's standard on European-spec models, should be better than the Bridgestones.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My car came with the Continental SSR's. I only got 25,000 miles out of them. Depending on how much longer you have left on your lease, I'd go with the cheapest option if lease-end is near. Just be sure they are BMW approved. Not all tires are.

·
BMWCCA 149159
2,876 Posts
I got 39K miles out of my SSR's so your mileage certainly does vary. I would not do anything else but replace them with the same tire. That will not give the dealer any opportunity to tack on added charges for non OEM equipment.
Also 25K miles is off. These tires typically run 40K miles, I changed mine to Michelin Pilot Sport A/S but my Michelins are noisier than the SSRs which were actually a good tire for a RFT.
Good point about how much longer your lease is but also consider turning the car in with the same tire you got it with...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.