Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buying this car has made me wanna keep it looking good... always. I've been washing it weekly, and have been blessed in the Cincinnati area with warmer than usual weather for December/January. I ordered some Zaino products (ZFX, Z5, and Z6). Z5 'cause I see bad swirls in just the right light (or would you call it BAD light!?). I presume I'll use the applicator pad from them to apply the polish, but as far as buffing it goes... They say 100% cotton towels in their instructions. Others here have said they use microfiber. The only microfiber towels I have are from Target. I have 5 of the smaller detailing towels (Vroom), and then one larger yellow towel. They are not the waffle weave kind though. Would these be ok for the Zaino buffing part? Can't wait until the end of the week -- should be in the low 50's again, perfect for getting a wash in and then Zaino time...

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
D'oh, I see a similar question below... ok, let me expand on this so that it's not exactly the same... :)

As far as waffle weave and the plain kind of MF towel... I hear everyone talk about waffle weave, are they that much better for drying or buffing? In the end, is there really a difference? Would you not want to use one over the other for certain tasks?

·
This is the Cubs year)
4,012 Posts
the waffle weave pattern for microfiber in this case allows the towel to trap more water than a non waffle weave pattern. You are weaving more microfiber in a cross pattern thus .... boom more absorption. I use the big blue WW microfiber towels and they rock! I don't use cotton towels for my zaino buffing either I use the microfiber towels.

Above and beyond that I'm sure others can share their thougths.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would NOT use the walmart towels on your paint- use them on your wheels or your glass, or in the house.

I use towels from Pakshack or Excel or Viking. So far, Pakshack has been my favorite for years.

WW towels are great for drying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts