BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2015 X5, 35i, 35k miles

I noticed last time I was washing the car that one exhaust pipe was much dirtier than the other, and was much harder to clean. Now that it's starting to get cool, I've noticed that the emissions only seem to come from the tail pipe on the driver's side.

Apologies on the noob question, I'm a relatively new owner. I did search around but couldn't really find anything related.

EDIT: The vehicle performs fine. I don't mean to imply there's anything wrong with it, I'm just genuinely curious as to why the driver's side exhaust pipe clearly takes the brunt of the emissions!

Thanks!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've noticed the same thing on a 440 just picked up about 6 weeks ago. You'll find the specifics if you search the threads, but essentially only one side ports exhaust while in comfort mode (think other side opens up around 3500RPM or close). Then, both sides open at all RPMs when in Sport/ Sport + modes - you'll hear a very distinctive difference when both sides are open. There are likely other details, but that's the essence.

Enjoy the car!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts