BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

Just wanted to say hello.

Just received a 2005 330i....auto (I know), nav, silver w/ black int., PDC, xeons, CWP.

Love it so far....still has less than 100 miles on it....but it's only been a day. Sucks that you can't go over 100mph for the first 1,200 miles. But driving down the autobahn at 99 mph isn't that bad. :rofl:

This is the first car I owned where I actually had to read the owners book.

Incase you were wondering....I was against buying the e90 simply because I refuse to purchase a "first year model". I just got out from a HORIBLE experience with a 2004.5 Volvo S40 (first year model).

I wish I went with the BMW in the first place (auto and all).

Looking forward to being part of the community!

TC

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hello and welcome. Nice car. The break in period does suck, but at least yo HAVE the autobaun!!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
I love the view from where you took those pictures. Is that your home or were you visiting?

New BMW, beautiful view in the morning. Very nice. :thumbup:

·
Loyal Fester
139 Posts
Hi shorepoints and congrats on your new ride.

When I got my car a couple of months ago keeping to the break-in speed was not a problem but keeping to the 4500rpm limit while getting there was a little harder :D

But the miles will click by and before you know it you'll be past the point and can unleash the beast to it's full potential.

·
Registered
18 Posts
good that u stick with the golden rule of not buying 1st year models. I'm sure u'll enjoy ur car very much

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Nice

Beautiful car!

Once my car hit 1000, I just went out and finished off the break in period just to get over the hump :thumbup:

That an incrediable view from where your car is located.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks!!!

-- Yes...that is my house. I live in a small village up on the hill. Don't know if you can tell from the photo...that is an autobahn there in the distance (bridge).

-- Germany is OK.....lots of quirks. NOTHING is open on Sunday. No such thing as a 24-hour store. I've been here a year and a half...and there are some buisnesses I have never seen open. THe roads are nice. The weather is a crap shoot. Then there are the little things.....order a cola at a resturaunt....it won't come w/ ice.....stuff like that. Takes a bit to get used to.

-- My BMW dealer is all class. Not sure they are like this in the states. You drop the car off for an oil change or something....then you head upstairs in the dealership for a coffee and a snack (FOC). Everyone walks around in white coats. Very classy.

-- Yes...NEVER will I buy a first year model. Heard nothing but great things about the Volvo line. Great car....when it worked.

-- Don't know what you are talking about re: the lower part of the front fender......

·
Registered
38 Posts
For a while I was considering the Volvo S40... Not any more with the E90 coming out, but what kinds of trouble did you have?? Just curious.

Nice car btw! As much as I like the E90, I think the E46 is one of the most beautiful sedans ever. Time will tell if the design of the E90 will be as timeless as it's predecessor... It has very big shoes to fill

·
hockey-holic
322 Posts
I'm guessing AW is talking about the side view, right under the black trim. There seems to be some sort of rectangular badge there. Congrats on the car and avoiding the first model year blues.

Very nice. We've spent sometime in Frankfurt and almost moved there for work years ago. I had the same issues: stores close early, no ice for my cola and the weather is much like Seattle, mostly cloudy, damp and sometimes rainy. But definitely, beautiful country.

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
:wave:

Ich bin ein bisschen Deutsch...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The S40 had many mechanical problems. A few belts broke....one of the major cooling components. Practically the whole engine was replaced when it was all said and done. My front wheel bearings also went. All with under 12,000 miles on the car.

The only thing on the front bumber is the license plate....unless I'm missing something.....

On the side of the car....below the black trim is the sticker that the dealer put on (like how dealers in the US put a tag on the trunk lid). I was a little ticked off at first (didn't actually purchase the car through that dealer...but I took delivery there)....but now I'm thiking it will serve as a nice conversation piece.

Wingspan.... Wie wenig?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts