BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Team EuroProjektz Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Up in Nor Cal there has never really been an all EURO car show except for New Dimensions every year which left us BMW owners out to dry but now here is a chance for all of us to represent and show what BMW owners are all about. A few of my friends are throwing a huge car show on July 20th. The twist here is that we have secured a very unusual but very nice venue at a local college in Cupertino. We have arranged for Synergy to do the live entertainment all day and have CASH prizes in each category including BMW, Mercedes, and Lexus! I talked to them and asked for a separate E46 M3 class and if we can get at least 10 M3's signed up under me, then we have a class!

To get in this show though everyone MUST be pre-registered ASAP since we are closing the registration soon due to space limitations. Most of you know me already but I have secured us a small discount if you register with me. All I need from you is an e-mail with your name, address, phone, car, model, small list of mods and then PayPal me $20 to cover the entry fee and you're in!

Another way to get the discount if you don't want me to take care of it is to go to their website to register but under club affiliation, just put down my name or initials RKO and you will automatically get the discount.

www.evowerks.com

I am very careful when I promote a show since I don't want to waste you time with small weak shows but I promise this one to be very big. EuroTuner's Mike S. is doing an all BMW caravan from down south and big names such as Streetwise will be there. After BimmerFest, this is the next big gathering of BMW's and I want all the top names to come out and represent. I know Tuningwerks has some really nice M3's so please e-mail me if you want to enter.

Remember to get entered, you must pre-register so either e-mail me with your info or register online with my name under Club Affiliation and you will get the discount.

Any question, drop me an e-mail at [email protected]

I will be there for sure and you can expect my M3 to be ready.

later,
rick
"s4play"

G

·
Has "Euro" been redefined to mean "tasteless and excessive"? Or perhaps "Euro" now encompasses what the spoiled children of wealthy parents do to their cars.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Rice = Tasteless mods on Japanese econoboxes.

Euro = Rice on German semi-luxury cars.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
TD said:
Has "Euro" been redefined to mean "tasteless and excessive"? Or perhaps "Euro" now encompasses what the spoiled children of wealthy parents do to their cars.
I may not be into the car show scene, but there is no reason to attack this post. Move on. I don't think the spoiled child argument works. Most guys there aren't 17, s4play is a 26 y.o. engineer :dunno:

G

·
nate328Ci said:

I may not be into the car show scene, but there is no reason to attack this post. Move on. I don't think the spoiled child argument works. Most guys there aren't 17, s4play is a 26 y.o. engineer :dunno:
That makes absolutely no sense. How can adults be into doing stupid shit like this to their cars? Do they have REALLY small penises or what? Begging for attention with flashy useless mods is no different from wearing outrageous, outlandish clothing or having a purple mohawk. It screams "Look at me! I'm insecure!!".

Some people need to learn that blue bulbs don't bring happiness. They only lighten your wallet.

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
TD said:

That makes absolutely no sense. How can adults be into doing stupid shit like this to their cars? Do they have REALLY small penises or what? Begging for attention with flashy useless mods is no different from wearing outrageous, outlandish clothing or having a purple mohawk. It screams "Look at me! I'm insecure!!".

Some people need to learn that blue bulbs don't bring happiness. They only lighten your wallet.
Did you ever notice the black E39 M5 that sometimes parked on the street on 19th and E (near GW) that had clears and blue bulbs in the turn signals? Made my stomach turn every time I saw it. Unsurprisingly, the driver was a young GW student who I will wager did not purchase the car with his own hard-earned.

·
Team EuroProjektz Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn TD, you must not like nice cars or have no taste....

I was just posting this for those interested in seeing a nice car show...that's all! jeesh....

I agree there are tasteless cars out there but I don't think anyone would dare to say that a Lorinser Tuned Benz is ugly or a lowered M3 with some nice Hamann body mods are ricey.

Give it a break okay....your stupid rice comments are getting old.

that's like people in grade school calling me "*****" or something.

you are the one sounding retarded calling us names when I only posted on here to get some info out to people.

Don't like what I say, then crawl back into the hole you came from:mad: :mad: :mad:

People who know me will say otherwise but I'm just a guy who loves cars. :angel:

late,
rick

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
nate328Ci said:

Nate, some people just DON'T get it... They think they're some sort of "know it all". In the end, I think they just have a hard time living in society, where people ARE entitled to their own opinion/taste... Talk about spoiled!!! :tsk: So much for TO EACH HIS OWN, LIVE AND LET LIVE, etc...

G

·
Re: Damn TD, you must not like nice cars or have no taste....

s4play said:
I agree there are tasteless cars out there but I don't think anyone would dare to say that a Lorinser Tuned Benz is ugly or a lowered M3 with some nice Hamann body mods are ricey.
VERY ricey. And very tasteless. And rather unattractive. And IMPAIR the car's performance level (yes IMPAIR, NOT ENHANCE). No one with any taste does those mods. Just flashy "look at me"-types. The same guys who have to have the latest whatever so taht they can "impress" their friends and, supposedly, the "ladies". And I'm sure you wear designer sunglasses and an expensive watch and all your clothes have their labels on the outside as well.

People who know me will say otherwise but I'm just a guy who loves cars. :angel:
If you truly loved cars, you wouldn't do that to them. Have some respect.

G

·
ALEX325i said:

Nate, some people just DON'T get it... They think they're some sort of "know it all". In the end, I think they just have a hard time living in society, where people ARE entitled to their own opinion/taste... Talk about spoiled!!! :tsk: So much for TO EACH HIS OWN, LIVE AND LET LIVE, etc...
Spoken like someone young. In time you'll learn that there are wrong answers and bad ideas. It's not the touchy-feely world of school where we wouldn't dare harm your self-esteem.

I guarantee that when YOU see certain people walking down the street or certain cars going down the road, you make disparaging comments to yourself about them based on their taste, looks, upkeep, whatever. But if you tell me that YOU never judge anything you see, I will call bullshit. The facts of life are that everyone is judged. Regularly. You may decide that YOU don't care. But that doesn't change the facts.

Oh, but this is an opportunity to try to slam me for "intolerence" so go for it.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Re: Damn TD, you must not like nice cars or have no taste....

s4play said:
I was just posting this for those interested in seeing a nice car show...that's all! jeesh....

Give it a break okay....your stupid rice comments are getting old.

that's like people in grade school calling me "*****" or something.

you are the one sounding retarded calling us names when I only posted on here to get some info out to people.

Don't like what I say, then crawl back into the hole you came from:mad: :mad: :mad:

late,
rick
Hey Rick,

While I'm not into the car show scene myself (and except for a CAI, my cars are bone stock), I have nothing against those who are. Don't mind the "naysayers". They'll always be there...

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Re: Re: Damn TD, you must not like nice cars or have no taste....

TD said:

VERY ricey. And very tasteless. And rather unattractive. And IMPAIR the car's performance level (yes IMPAIR, NOT ENHANCE). No one with any taste does those mods. Just flashy "look at me"-types. The same guys who have to have the latest whatever so taht they can "impress" their friends and, supposedly, the "ladies". And I'm sure you wear designer sunglasses and an expensive watch and all your clothes have their labels on the outside as well.
Body mods don't necessarily impair performance. While, I do think than Hamman body kits are extreme, some of them do have benefits. Was it R&T that looked at the Hamman Z8 and F360? Hamman added a lot of high speed stability to the F360 by using diffusers and tunneling. I thought it looked worse than stock, but if it helps :dunno:

The point is, even if you dislike this "culture," this post wasn't asking any opinions. Just let it go for people who are into it.

G

·
Re: Re: Re: Damn TD, you must not like nice cars or have no taste....

nate328Ci said:

Body mods don't necessarily impair performance. While, I do think than Hamman body kits are extreme, some of them do have benefits. Was it R&T that looked at the Hamman Z8 and F360? Hamman added a lot of high speed stability to the F360 by using diffusers and tunneling. I thought it looked worse than stock, but if it helps :dunno:

The point is, even if you dislike this "culture," this post wasn't asking any opinions. Just let it go for people who are into it.
Hundreds of pounds of plastic IMPROVES performance?!?!?!? And like these cars are lacking in high speed stability all the way up to their top speeds? I don't think so. They are rock-solid stable at 140. That's ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts

nate328Ci said:

EXACTLY!!!

Oh, but wait I sec... I'm the one who's a prick... LOL!!! Thank God I'm not a PREJUDICED one...

·
Team EuroProjektz Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
okay guys, I will be mature and let this thread move on

since my initial intention is not to start a war on ricey cars! wtf!

For TD, I can tell you are one of those track junkies by your sig file and that I'm talking to a wall. Funny thing is you'd be surprised how much I do race and that I actually am an Instructor at some of the race schools.....haha

You just proved my point that you have no taste calling those cars ricey! So I suppose big brake kits from Lorinser are useless and "impair" performance like you said huh.....(LOL)

so can we get back onto the original topic and leave this TD guy out for now....

thanks for your support Alex and Nate....I thought these old losers were only on Roadfly but I guess I was wrong....

rk

G

·

nate328Ci said:

Nate-

I could come up with a rather long list of things that you have mocked. Environmentalists come to mind immediately (since we had a related thread earlier today). Why doesn't this same rule apply to your approach to those you don't agree with in non-automotive areas?

You're all for arguing for the fun of it when the topic is one that interests you or that you feel strongly about but then you slam others as not being open-minded when they do the same thing.

Arguing whether mods are ghetto or not is no different than arguing politics except the mod argument is boarderline ON-topic.

G

·
Re: okay guys, I will be mature and let this thread move on

s4play said:

thanks for your support Alex and Nate....I thought these old losers were only on Roadfly but I guess I was wrong....
I love how anyone who does not care to do tasteless shit like this to their car is automatically "old".

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Damn TD, you must not like nice cars or have no taste....

TD said:

Hundreds of pounds of plastic IMPROVES performance?!?!?!? And like these cars are lacking in high speed stability all the way up to their top speeds? I don't think so. They are rock-solid stable at 140. That's ridiculous.
Go read the article, it is all documented.

I do agree that Hamann kits are outlandish, but some of them do improve things. Take a look at the rear of the Hamann Ferrari, it is styled for aerodynamics. Things like Hamann spoilers on auto 323s are for looks, but there is serious stuff.

I don't think that it adds much weight, if any, you are simply replacing factory parts. They might even be fiberglass or CF and lighter...

1 - 20 of 65 Posts