BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's 92.50.

my last black car got reemed by stones and debris on the highway back and forth from N.J. to Hershey.

Not sure if it's a worthwhile thing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think it got mine for 67 from pacificbmw.com

Its definately worth it. Just be sure to remove it when it rains, otherwise the grit will eat into the seam between the contact points (bra and hood).

I left mine on a couple of times and now I have some light scratches, but I plan on having them buffed out. A lot better than having dings or bunch of bug acid on the paint though.

The other option is to go with that clear plastic bra from fenderguards or something...

ViD

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
I prefer the clear stick on front end protection. A good bit more money, but looks better, you don't have to worry about dirt or water under it, you don't have to remember to put it on.

BMW sells a kit, and there are several other suppliers (StonGard, Xpel, Armourfend, etc). All the films are made by 3M (Scotchcal film).

The film is designed to be removed safely from factory paint. It also allows enough UV through to allow the paint under the protective film to fade the same as the unprotected paint.

The big thing is to find a good installer. You can do it yourself (I did our M Roadster). It is not easy, it takes a long time, and it probably still won't look as good as you would like.

Or if it does look good when you do it yourself, you might want to think about a side business doing installs.

If you are in the ATL area, or are doing a Performance Center Delivery, Mike Messer ([email protected]) does great installs, and does them over night so you don't loose trip time if doing the PCD.

·
3,365 Posts
RChoudry said:
it's 92.50.

my last black car got reemed by stones and debris on the highway back and forth from N.J. to Hershey.

Not sure if it's a worthwhile thing.
Hey, did you get it? I am thinking about picking one up for my road trips.

I hope plaz sees this thread. He makes a lot of trips. Just curious to see if it is worth it on the road. Have some trips coming up that are off-freeway, so I expect some road hazards in the mountains and along PCH/101.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts