BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Where am I?
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
atyclb said:

I really think much of the diff problems were dealerships putting the WRONG diff fluid (non-LSD fluid) into the new M3's.

Since that became widely reported on the .org, all diff problems have stopped.

I'm as happy as I could be with my car--the best $57,000 I've spent, besides on my house.

:thumb: :thumb:
Cool! Yeah, that kind of what I remember (about the diff fluid). I'm sure BMWNA was really happy their dealers were costing them so much money by using the wrong fluid. Not to mention the unhappy customers.

The days are beginning to pass slower and slower. Like when you're a kid and you know Christmas or your birthday is coming. Oh man.

·
Where am I?
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
glaws said:
Hey Ed, when is your due date, man? Just to whet your appetite: this is absolutely the most satisfying car I have EVER owned. Yes, I have the clunk just like almost everyone, but do not consider it a problem. The fit and finish is very good (bout like my 328). Some think it's a little spartan, but I like it very well. I have gotten used to the xmission now which is a lot notchier than the 328. I drive it sport mode 100% of the time, now. Press the throttle and you are gone. You just have to be carefull that you don't "gone" yourself into the back of another car. Handling is better than my 328. Some understeer that I helped with 40 in the front and 37 in the rears. Still there at low speed, but not bad. The ride is very much firmer than the 328, but falls well within my acceptable range. Tires are OK. They are Conti's and tramline like a motherf**cker. However I understand that all wide profile tires tend to do that and they might last a little longer than the Michelins. Don't know that I would go with the H-K upgrade. If you have a good setup at home, they will disappoint. But I don't listen to the radio much anyway. The engine sings to me.
The car is due to arrive at Port Hueneme on the 18th (exactly 3 weeks from today!).

I actually did get the HK, but the more I listen to mine in my current car, the more I think I might do something like Stealthboxes later on to get some bass that isn't so muddy.

I'm already planning to put on a bunch of mods, many of which are already at home, and several of which are on their way (I'm expecting factory alarm, UGDO, and a roof spoiler today)!

I actually passed an M3 last night. Guy was just cruising. It was night, but I could still tell it was an M3 from the back in a second. Looks so good!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.