BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
That Guy w/ the Modded GT
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow GT'ers,

Recently I got together with a friend in the area and did a shoot with his lowered 550GT on some nice 22's off an X6. Cars looked great together! Enjoy the pics and let me know what you think of these two beasts together :D

More shots to come soon :thumbup:

Attachments

·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice pics. I'm not a fan of the bronze wheels though.
I hear you buddy. Not to everyone's taste. Just wanted to try something different, was getting a little bored with all black wheels, gives a nice contrast and shows the wheel better. IMHO they look better in person, I've gotten quite a few compliments on them, but then again everyone has their own tastes.

Thanks otherwise my friend! I thought this was a really fun shoot.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That's very cool! The only thing rarer than two GTs in the same place around here is Bigfoot.

I really like the painted calipers, but the wheels are not my favorite.

GTers unite!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think that his wheels end up looking the same size or smaller than yours because they are black. They should be gunmetal or even matte or polished aluminum to match his remaining chrome accents.

·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think that his wheels end up looking the same size or smaller than yours because they are black. They should be gunmetal or even matte or polished aluminum to match his remaining chrome accents.
I agree. The 22s do fit the wheel well better but black always hides the shape, hence why i changed my finish too.

To be completely honest, if I bought new rims I'd go for 21"s, it's a happy medium between comfort and looks for me, and suits the car best in my opinion.

Great pics of neat looking "machines". Thanks for the visual feast!
You've got it sir! Always happy to please the GT community.

That's very cool! The only thing rarer than two GTs in the same place around here is Bigfoot.

I really like the painted calipers, but the wheels are not my favorite.

GTers unite!
Thanks for the love! Again, not to everyone's tastes but I respect that.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Surprised someone living in the NYC area would consider 22" wheels with all of the potholes...it's tough with higher profile tires, let alone a rubber band. They can work fine, long-term, if you live where you don't get frost heaves or potholes (did you know, many of Germany's roads were built as alternate airfields and thus, capable of higher loads than a typical US highway? Not sure if that logic has continued, but the state of repairs on their roads have been much better than anywhere I've driven in the USA and may be one reason why they feel RFT are a viable solution).

It's your money, your car...go for it.

·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Surprised someone living in the NYC area would consider 22" wheels with all of the potholes...it's tough with higher profile tires, let alone a rubber band. They can work fine, long-term, if you live where you don't get frost heaves or potholes (did you know, many of Germany's roads were built as alternate airfields and thus, capable of higher loads than a typical US highway? Not sure if that logic has continued, but the state of repairs on their roads have been much better than anywhere I've driven in the USA and may be one reason why they feel RFT are a viable solution).

It's your money, your car...go for it.
Again, jadnashuanh, I totally get what you're saying. But it's for looks. I know you don't really care about the appearance of the GT is much as its practicality, but looks play a big role in my opinion when owning a luxury vehicle like this. So, he's willing to take that risk in order to get some heads turning. And I agree with my friend.

Like they say, if you don't look back at your car when walking away from it, you've bought the wrong car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Again, jadnashuanh, I totally get what you're saying. But it's for looks. I know you don't really care about the appearance of the GT is much as its practicality, but looks play a big role in my opinion when owning a luxury vehicle like this. So, he's willing to take that risk in order to get some heads turning. And I agree with my friend.

Like they say, if you don't look back at your car when walking away from it, you've bought the wrong car.
What are the specs of your friends X6 wheel? Im in need of this info badly:eeps::eeps:

·
Registered
14 Posts

What are the specs of your friends X6 wheel? Im in need of this info badly:eeps::eeps:

·
There is no spoon
1,964 Posts
Love the design of those 22s.

Didn't like your (unusual) lack of detail in the first photo. Dirty tires on both cars really distracted my eye from them. :rofl:

Definitely liked how visually different the badges were...really makes me appreciate your blacking them out (as well as the reflectors and rear lights).

Well done.

·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Love the design of those 22s.

Didn't like your (unusual) lack of detail in the first photo. Dirty tires on both cars really distracted my eye from them. :rofl:

Definitely liked how visually different the badges were...really makes me appreciate your blacking them out (as well as the reflectors and rear lights).

Well done.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thank you for the compliments good sir.

He's running an OEM X6 wheel, no modification required.

Tires: Fronts are 255/30/22, Rears are 285/25/22.

Hope this helped!

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have to say @TheBlackGT, I do love your tinted tail lamps and murdered emblems... The lamps are obviously wrap-tinted (which I also had on my old Stormtrooper GT and have yet to have done to my beloved DarkShadow) but I forgot how you said you tinted the emblems? Also, did you just have a wrap put over the reflectors to "delete" them... Contrary to others comments, I have no problems with your bronze colored wheels... I think they look jusssst fine!

·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So the offset from X6 works that good on the GT?
I believe the offsets should be fine.

I have to say @TheBlackGT, I do love your tinted tail lamps and murdered emblems... The lamps are obviously wrap-tinted (which I also had on my old Stormtrooper GT and have yet to have done to my beloved DarkShadow) but I forgot how you said you tinted the emblems? Also, did you just have a wrap put over the reflectors to "delete" them... Contrary to others comments, I have no problems with your bronze colored wheels... I think they look jusssst fine!
Thank you sir! The emblems are blacked out, you can either wrap them, Plastidip them, or buy new black ones to replace. For my roundels I bought color overlays.

For the reflectors, I suggest buying painted ones from IND, but because mine is Black a Sapphire I just used 3M Gloss Black vinyl and they blend in perfectly.

And thanks for the wheels compliments, your new ones are very unique as well. I might have something new in the works though, stay tuned :thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts