BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
The car takes ages to start when it's allready warm. I drive it, leave it for an hour or so and it wont start.
I have to turn the key several times and crank the engine for 10 seconds at a time, not untill then it starts, studdering and spitting.
After a while car is running fine again, just as it does when started cold.

First i thought the fuel filter might be cloged, so i replaced it.
Didnt help.
Then i thought perhaps the injectors leaked into manifold and flood the cylinders, so i replaced them.
Didnt help.
I then got a tip that it may be sucking in air somewhere behind the airmass meter.
No leak found.
Upon checking the sparkplugs i noticed oil has leaked into the holes, so i replaced the plugs and the valve cover gaskets.
Still not starting.

I've ran the diagnostics, no error codes popped up.
I'm out of ideas.

It's a 1993 325 coupe.
Please help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the same problem and have changec ICV, MAF, o2 sensor, oil and plugs. But it did not help. Have consulted severel mechanics, but none to find the problem.

Somebody has to have a solution to the problem!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Have you checked out your coil packs? My car had similar problems, after taking it to the shop and the mechanic looking it over it turned out to be a bad coil. I replaced all six havnt had a problem since.

Good Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.